Alrosa (Almazy Rossii Sakha)
Headquarters in Russia
Alrosa website: www.alrosa.ru
Diamond Producers Association's report says its members positively impact local communities & working to minimize negative environmental impacts
Author: Cision PR Newswire, Diamond Producers Association (UK)
‘First-Ever Comprehensive Report on the Reality of Modern Diamond Mining Reveals its Impact on Local Communities, Challenges Stereotypes and Identifies Areas for Further Improvement’ 2 May 2019...
Russia is increasing its influence in Africa through strategic investment in energy and minerals says analyst
Author: The Conversation (South Africa)
"How Russia is growing its strategic influence in Africa", 6 février 2019...
Author: Eliza Capai e Natalia Viana, A Pública (Brazil)
“Em Angola, a Odebrecht no espelho-Como a empreiteira brasileira tornou-se sustentáculo do regime autoritário de José Eduardo dos Santos”, 22 de fevereiro de 2016...
Author: Fiona Southward, International Peace Information Service (IPIS)
Ten years after the launch of the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme (KPCS) this paper is the first in a two part series providing an overview of where the Kimberley Process (KP) and international efforts to combat the trade in conflict diamonds...
Author: Charlotte Mathews, FM [South Africa]
Civil society organisations are angry at the failure of the Kimberley Process to address human rights violations around diamond mining in Marange in Zimbabwe, as well as other issues...World Diamond Council president Eli Izhakoff says the support of...
- Related stories: Martin Rapaport suggests new certification scheme to track compliance with ethical values in diamond supply chain
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Alrosa (Almazy Rossii Sakha) BHP Billiton De Beers (part of Anglo American) Petra Diamonds Rapaport Group Rio Tinto
Author: Michael Allen, Wall Street Journal [subscription required]
International pressure helped end a vicious civil war [in Angola]…by strangling the ability of rebels to trade diamonds for weapons. Angola is now a leading member of the…Kimberley Process... But a visit to Angola's diamond heartland reveals that...
Author: Partnership Africa Canada
The Kimberley Process (KP)…is failing…Accountability is the primary issue…recommendations are ignored, and there is little or no follow-up…some reviews are completely bogus…cases of flagrant non compliance have been ignored…KP has become a talk shop,...
- Related stories: Le Processus de Kimberley est "sur la voie de l'échec" selon le Partneriat Afrique-Canada
- Related in-depth areas: Democratic Republic of Congo Kimberley Process NGO
- Related companies: African Minerals Alrosa (Almazy Rossii Sakha) Beny Steinmetz Group BHP Billiton De Beers (part of Anglo American) Endiama (Empresa Nacional de Diamantes de Angola) Koidu Holdings (part of Beny Steinmetz Group) Target Resources Trans Hex
[PDF] full report: "World Investment Report - Transnational Corporations, Extractive Industries and Development"
Author: UN Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD)
The World Investment Report 2007 focuses on the role of transnational corporations in extractive industries... Transnational corporations can bring in the finance and management skills [poor] economies need... But as we know, the extraction of natural...
- Related stories: UNCTAD 2007 World Investment Report focuses on extractive firms' impacts on development
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Extractives, including oil and mines Latin American region
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Group Alrosa (Almazy Rossii Sakha) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta Barrick Gold BCL BHP Billiton BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Codelco Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (now Vale) ConocoPhillips De Beers (part of Anglo American) Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Gazprom Glencore Gold Fields Grupo México Harmony Gold Impala Platinum Inco (part of Companhia Vale do Rio Doce) INPEX Kelian Equatorial Mining (part of Rio Tinto) Lukoil Newmont Goldcorp Norilsk Nickel Norsk Hydro ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Repsol YPF Rio Tinto Shell Sinopec Sonatrach Tatneft Teck Resources Texaco (part of Chevron) Total Xstrata (part of Glencore)