Alrosa (Almazy Rossii Sakha)
Headquarters in Russia
Alrosa website: www.alrosa.ru
Kimberley Process Civil Society Coalition's report raises serious allegation of human rights abuse; incl. co non-response
A report recently published by the Kimberley Process Civil Society Coalition alleges that up to today brutal human rights abuses, including killings, torture and sexual violence, continue to occur in certain diamond mining areas on the African...
Diamond Producers Association's report says its members positively impact local communities & working to minimize negative environmental impacts
Author: Cision PR Newswire, Diamond Producers Association (UK)
‘First-Ever Comprehensive Report on the Reality of Modern Diamond Mining Reveals its Impact on Local Communities, Challenges Stereotypes and Identifies Areas for Further Improvement’ 2 May 2019...
Russia is increasing its influence in Africa through strategic investment in energy and minerals says analyst
Author: The Conversation (South Africa)
"How Russia is growing its strategic influence in Africa", 6 février 2019...
Author: Eliza Capai e Natalia Viana, A Pública (Brazil)
“Em Angola, a Odebrecht no espelho-Como a empreiteira brasileira tornou-se sustentáculo do regime autoritário de José Eduardo dos Santos”, 22 de fevereiro de 2016...
Author: Fiona Southward, International Peace Information Service (IPIS)
Ten years after the launch of the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme (KPCS) this paper is the first in a two part series providing an overview of where the Kimberley Process (KP) and international efforts to combat the trade in conflict diamonds...
Author: Charlotte Mathews, FM [South Africa]
Civil society organisations are angry at the failure of the Kimberley Process to address human rights violations around diamond mining in Marange in Zimbabwe, as well as other issues...World Diamond Council president Eli Izhakoff says the support of...
- Related stories: Martin Rapaport suggests new certification scheme to track compliance with ethical values in diamond supply chain
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Alrosa (Almazy Rossii Sakha) BHP Billiton De Beers (part of Anglo American) Petra Diamonds Rapaport Group Rio Tinto
Author: Michael Allen, Wall Street Journal [subscription required]
International pressure helped end a vicious civil war [in Angola]…by strangling the ability of rebels to trade diamonds for weapons. Angola is now a leading member of the…Kimberley Process... But a visit to Angola's diamond heartland reveals that...
Author: Partnership Africa Canada
The Kimberley Process (KP)…is failing…Accountability is the primary issue…recommendations are ignored, and there is little or no follow-up…some reviews are completely bogus…cases of flagrant non compliance have been ignored…KP has become a talk shop,...
- Related stories: Le Processus de Kimberley est "sur la voie de l'échec" selon le Partneriat Afrique-Canada
- Related in-depth areas: Democratic Republic of Congo Kimberley Process NGO
- Related companies: African Minerals Alrosa (Almazy Rossii Sakha) Beny Steinmetz Group BHP Billiton De Beers (part of Anglo American) Endiama (Empresa Nacional de Diamantes de Angola) Koidu Holdings (part of Beny Steinmetz Group) Target Resources Trans Hex