Headquarters in USA
USA: Amazon drivers allege lack of overtime pay, missing wages & intimidation; inc. company statement
Author: Hayley Peterson, Business Insider
"Missing wages, grueling shifts, and bottles of urine: the disturbing accounts of Amazon delivery drivers may reveal the true cost of 'free' shipping," 11 Sept 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Senator Bernie Sanders calls on Amazon & Walmart to pay a living wage; includes company comments
- Related companies: Amazon.com FedEx UPS
BSR launches human rights-based blueprint for responsible business practice with regard to artificial intelligence
BSR has published three papers describing a human rights-based blueprint for responsible business practice with regard to AI within and beyond the technology sector. These papers explore the importance of a rights-based approach for governing and...
USA: Senator Bernie Sanders calls on Amazon & Walmart to pay a living wage; includes company comments
US Senator Bernie Sanders is calling upon Amazon and Walmart to pay a living wage and improve working conditions. Senator Sanders has introduced legislation that would require large employers to fully cover the cost of food stamps, public housing,...
Poland: Govt. to work with Amazon to improve conditions at facilities amid union concerns of worker exploitation; incl. co comments
Author: Dorota Bartyzel, Bloomberg
"Poland Vows to Improve Working Conditions at Amazon Warehouses", 30 August 2018...
- Related companies: Amazon.com
Commentary: Use of facial recognition technology in schools will result in loss of privacy & discrimination
Author: Toni-Smith Thompson, New York Civil Liberties Union
"Here's what happens when we allow facial recognition technology in our schools," 15 August 2018...
Author: Michael Guilloux, Développez.com
« USA : des ingénieurs rejettent les offres des recruteurs de la Silicon Valley à cause des problèmes d'éthique impliquant les géants de la tech », 14 août 2018...
Amazon workers strike over working conditions & collective bargaining rights urging customers to boycott Prime Day sales
workers at warehouses in England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Poland engaged in strike ...
Author: Brad Smith, Microsoft Blog
"Facial recognition technology: The need for public regulation and corporate responsibility", 13 July 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: Amazon.com Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft
Author: Anthony Cuthbertson, The Independent
"AMAZON WORKERS 'REFUSE' TO BUILD TECH FOR US IMMIGRATION, WARNING JEFF BEZOS OF IBM'S NAZI LEGACY", 22 June 2018...
- Related stories: Shareholders & civil society groups urge Amazon to halt sale of facial recognition software to law enforcement agencies
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Amazon.com IBM