Headquarters in USA
Apple, Facebook and Google among 56 businesses telling the Trump administration not to weaken transgender rights
Author: Tony Romm, The Washington Post
"Apple, Facebook and Google among 56 businesses telling Trump not to weaken transgender rights", 1 November 2018...
Author: Olivia Zaleski, Bloomberg
"Amazon Raises Minimum Pay for Everyone—Except These Workers", 1 Nov 2018...
Ranking Digital Rights' Investor Update highlights that good governance in ICT sector requires focus on consumer privacy & expression-related risks
Author: Rebecca MacKinnon & Melissa Brown, Ranking Digital Rights
"Poor digital rights governance: Users, investors, and societies pay the price," 29 Oct 2018...
USA: Employees urge tech companies to withdraw bids for $10 million contract with Department of Defense
Employees are increasing pressure on tech companies to withdraw from a bid for the Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI) contract with the Department of Defense (DoD). Following DoD Chief John H. Gibson II's statement that the programme would...
Author: El Economista (México)
“Los derechos humanos deben regir la inteligencia artificial”, 28 de octubre de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Amazon.com Facebook
Google CEO says tests of censored Chinese search engine turned out great and time has come to reevaluate decision to pull out from China
Author: Nitasha Tiku, Wired
"Google’s CEO Says Tests of Censored Chinese Search Engine Turned Out Great", 15 Oct 2018...
- Related stories: China: Human rights groups call on Google not to launch a censored search engine saying it would violate rights to expression & privacy; co. didn't respond
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Alphabet Amazon.com Google (part of Alphabet)
Author: Alex Hern, Guardian (UK)
…The Partnership on Artificial Intelligence to Benefit People and Society…was formed in 2016 by Google, Facebook, Amazon, IBM and Microsoft to act as an umbrella organisation for the five companies to conduct research, recommend best practices and...
Days after IPCC report, 30 U.K. companies commit to dedicating hundreds of millions of pounds to addressing climate change
Author: Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, UK Government
"Top businesses across the UK have today announced significant pledges worth hundreds of millions of pounds to tackle climate change, marking the government’s first ever Green GB & NI Week....
- Related stories: International scientific body report on climate change warns of need to act now to prevent catastrophic impacts of climate change
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: Admiral Group Amazon.com Barratt Developments Coca-Cola Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu EDF Hargreaves Lansdown HSBC John Lewis Partnership KPMG Lidl Tesco