Headquarters in USA
Author: Human Rights Campaign
Human Rights Campaign (HRC) released its third annual Corporate Equality Index, a report card listing the "best and worst" firms for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender employees...The number of firms with perfect scores doubled since the 2003...
- Related companies: Accenture Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Aetna Agilent Technologies Alltel Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Apple Aramark AT&T Avaya Bausch & Lomb BB&T Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Booz Allen Hamilton Borders Capital One Cargill Charles Schwab ChoicePoint Chubb Group Circuit City Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Cumberland Farms Dean Foods Dell Deutsche Bank Eastman Kodak Edison International Emerson Electric Entergy ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Fannie Mae Ford Goldman Sachs HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel International Steel JPMorgan Chase KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kmart (part of Sears) Kraft Foods Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lockheed Martin Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) MBNA (part of Bank of America) Meijer Metlife Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Gypsum Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Oracle Owens Corning PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E PricewaterhouseCoopers Prudential Financial Quark RadioShack Replacements Ltd. SABMiller SC Johnson Shaw Industries (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southwest Airlines UBS Unilever Walmart Wells Fargo Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Worldspan Xerox
Author: Doug Wheat, SocialFunds.com
Yesterday, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) announced the results of its once a year review of corporate sustainability best-practice. [Companies on DJSI World Index included: General Electric, Staples, 3M, adidas-Salomon, Barclays, Canon,...
Author: Francis Weyzig, SOMO (Centre for research on Multinational Corporations)
[Report provides overview of pharmaceutical sector, examines issues such as: Access to medicines; clinical trials; drug safety; drug promotion & advertising; indigenous knowledge; workplace health, safety, environment; employment conditions.] ...
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Amgen AstraZeneca Aventis (now part of Sanofi-Aventis) Bayer Boehringer Ingelheim Bristol-Myers Squibb Cipla DSM Eli Lilly Forest Laboratories Genentech GlaxoSmithKline Johnson & Johnson Merck Mylan Laboratories Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Ranbaxy Laboratories Roche Sanofi-Aventis Sanofi-Synthélabo (now part of Sanofi-Aventis) Schering-Plough Takeda Pharmaceutical Teva Pharmaceutical Wyeth (part of Pfizer)
Author: Marialba Martinez, Caribbean Business [Puerto Rico]
...pharmaceutical manufacturing companies in Puerto Rico are spending millions of dollars annually to improve the well-being of their current and potential clients...KLD Research & Analytics recently rated 3,000 companies on how good they were as...
Author: UK Department for International Development (DFID)
The UK Government and the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies today committed to continue to work together to help increase access to essential medicines for the world’s poorest countries...The UK Government’s framework for good practice has been...
- Related stories: GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, Merck, Pfizer & other firms join UK govt. in committing to increased access to essential medicines for poorest countries, including via differential pricing
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Amgen AstraZeneca Bristol-Myers Squibb Chiron Eli Lilly GlaxoSmithKline Janssen Pharmaceutica (part of Johnson & Johnson) Merck Merck Sharp & Dohme (part of Merck) Pfizer Procter & Gamble Schering-Plough Wyeth (part of Pfizer)
Companies, foundations, and individuals have given or pledged $169 million in Hurricane Relief [USA]
Author: M.J. Prest & Caroline Preston, Chronicle of Philanthropy [USA]
[current tally of companies' contributions to hurricane relief - refers to Abbott Laboratories, Amerada Hess, Ameriquest, Amgen, AT&T, Bank of America, Bayer, Boeing, BP, Capital One, Chevron, Coca-Cola, Dow Chemical, DuPont, Eli Lilly, Entergy,...
- Related stories: How Can Your Company Contribute to Katrina Relief Efforts? - guide by Business for Social Responsibility
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Amgen AT&T Bank of America Bayer Boeing BP Capital One Chevron Coca-Cola Dow Chemical DuPont Eli Lilly Entergy ExxonMobil Freddie Mac General Electric Hess Corporation Humana Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Lowe's Medtronic Merck Microsoft Monsanto New York Life Northrop Grumman Office Depot Pfizer Target Toyota Travelers UnitedHealth Group UPS Verizon Walmart Walt Disney Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xerox
[PDF] full report: "The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2005-2006"
Author: Human Rights Campaign
- Related stories: USA: 2005-6 "State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans" - 86% of Fortune 500 companies now prohibit sexual orientation discrimination
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Ashland AT&T AutoNation Avaya Avery Dennison Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Blockbuster Boeing Borders BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cendant (now Avis Budget) Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group Cincinnati Financial Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fidelity Investments Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gannett Gap Gateway General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz Hess Corporation HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IBM IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper International Steel Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg's Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Inc. Kmart (part of Sears) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel May Department Stores Maytag MBNA (part of Bank of America) McDonald's MCI McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Mirant Mohawk Industries Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group Publix RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland Safeway (USA) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Time Warner TJX Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) UnumProvident US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wells Fargo Wendy's Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! YUM!
Author: Andrea L. Stape, Providence Journal [USA]
...[When] the company's [water] supplier, the Kent County Water Authority, sent Amgen a letter in 2004 expressing concern about a strained water supply, the company asked for a written guarantee that it would be able to draw down as much as 800,000...
- Related companies: Amgen