Andes Petroleum (joint venture CNPC & Sinopec)
Headquarters in Ecuador
Ecuador: Andes Petroleum removed from indigenous territories by Ministry of Energy following indigenous resistance
Author: Amazon Watch
“Historic Victory in the Fight for Indigenous Rights and to End Amazon Crude”, 7th November 2019...
Ecuador: NGOs allege intimidation and threats against indigenous leaders due to their opposition to extractive projects
Extractive projects in environmentally protected zones belonging to indigenous lands, like those of Rio Blanco mining project, of the Chinese EcuaGoldMining South America SA and CNPC, Chuanqing Drilling Engineering Company Limited (CCDC), part of China...
Ecuador: Amazon Sápara indigenous group reportedly threatened by Chinese oil expansion in their lands
Author: Intercontinental Cry (US)
“The Sápara nation vs. The slimy oil Mungia”...
“Boletín Nº 9, junio de 2017- Las inversiones chinas en América Latina”...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Andes Petroleum (joint venture CNPC & Sinopec) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Railway Construction Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals, China Railway Construction Corporation & CRCC-Tongguan Investment) Explorcobres, EXSA (part of Corriente Resources) Sinopec Tongling Nonferrous Metals
Commentary: Responsible investment requires more than a few CSR programs: Lessons for Chinese Outbound Investors
Author: Jinmei Liu, EarthRights International
"Responsible Investment Requires More than a Few Corporate Social Responsibility Programs: Lessons for Chinese Outbound Investors", 4 May 2017...
- Related stories: Further to our 26 Jun Update: Chinese National Petroleum Corporation responds to alleged human rights impacts of Shwe natural gas & Myanmar-China oil transport projects. Myanmar: Shwe pipeline begins piping gas to China despite allegations of adverse human rights & environmental impacts
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Andes Petroleum (joint venture CNPC & Sinopec) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Sinopec
Sapara indigenous leaders from Ecuador urge China to abandon oil projects in their territories, during UN Periodic Review of human rights in Ecuador
Author: Amazon Watch (US)
“Ecuadorian Indigenous Leaders Deliver Letter Calling on China to Abandon Oil Drilling in Their Territory as Ecuador Faces U.N. Review”...
Author: Osprey Orielle Lake & Leila Salazar-López, Amazon Watch
“Women of the Ecuadorian Amazon and International Allies Reject New Oil Concessions, Stand for Rights of the Earth and Communities”...
Ecuador: Sápara indigenous say Andes Petroleum oil contracts threaten their livelihoods, culture, territory
Author: Isabel Riofrio, Mongabay.com
“Oil extraction threatens to expand further into Ecuadorean rainforest under new 20-year contract” 3 February 2016...
Author: El Universo [Ecuador]
El ruido de un gran generador de energía eléctrica, que la compañía china Petroriental tiene funcionando en el pozo Hormiguero 2, habría molestado a los indígenas taromenanes o tagaeris y motivado el ataque que causó la muerte de tres integrantes de la...