Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American)
Headquarters in South Africa
Author: Platinum today
Anglo Platinum [majority-owned by Anglo American]...has halved its sulphur dioxide emissions...after reports in the media earlier this spring that people living near to the company's sites were suffering severe upper respiratory tract infections as a...
Author: Anglo American
Author: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants & CorporateRegister.com
While significant growth continues in individual regions, evidence suggests that globally the number reporting is levelling off...[P]ressure on companies to report is increasing...There has been a marked decline in the rate of take-up, however, and it...
- Related stories: Global survey by Assoc. of Chartered Certified Accountants & CorporateRegister.com finds most businesses do not report adequately on sustainability
- Related companies: Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Aviva Body Shop (part of Natura) City West Water Hartmann Morley Fund Management (part of Aviva) Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Sony Suncor
Author: John Fraser, Business Day
Women are often the "tagalongs" in mining empowerment deals, empowerment consultancy Empowerdex has warned...challenges facing women wishing to move into the mining sector included access to finance, training and skills development, mine safety and a...
Author: Annabel Easton, Ethical Corporation
...the first Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) Index of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE)...measures companies’ policies, performance and reporting in relation to the three pillars of triple bottom line, namely environmental, economic and...
Author: SustainAbility, UNEP, Standard & Poor's
[Top 50 companies (highest scoring first): Co-operative Financial Services (part of Co-operative Group), Novo Nordisk, BP, British American Tobacco, BT Group, British Airports Authority (BAA), Rabobank, Rio Tinto, Shell, HP, Unilever, Anglo American,...
- Related stories: 2004 survey of corporate non-financial reporting, by SustainAbility, UNEP, Standard & Poor's (highest scoring companies: Co-operative Financial Services, Novo Nordisk, BP)
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories ABN Amro adidas AEON Agilent Technologies Alcoa Allianz Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Autostrade Aventis (now part of Sanofi) Barclays BASF Baxter International BC Hydro BHP Billiton BMW BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British Airports Authority (now Heathrow Airport Holdings) British Airways British American Tobacco Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Camelot Canon Carrefour Chiquita City West Water Co-operative Group DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Daiwa Securities Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical Endesa (part of Enel) Equinor (formerly Statoil) Eroski Ford Fuji Xerox (joint venture Fuji Photo Film & Xerox) Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (formerly Fuji Photo Film) Gap Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) General Motors HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hydro-Québec IBM ING Intel Ito-Yokado KarstadtQuelle Kesko Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Manaaki Whenua Matsushita (now Panasonic) Merloni Elettrodomestici (part of Indesit Company) Mirant (part of NRG Energy) mmo2 (now O2) MTN MTR Natura Nippon Oil Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes Old Mutual PotashCorp Premier Oil Rabobank Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sasol Severn Trent Shell Sony Starbucks Suez Suncor Swiss Re Talisman (part of Repsol) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Telecom Italia Tesco Total Toyota Unilever United Utilities VanCity Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Vodafone Volkswagen Watercare Services Westpac Weyerhaeuser Xerox
Author: International Finance Corporation
...With funding from the Canadian development agency CIDA, IFC has commissioned from Golder Associates an HIV/AIDS Resource Guide for the mining sector - a resource for developing stakeholder competency in mining communities in Southern Africa. The...
- Related stories: Small African mining firms lag in fight against AIDS - IFC handbook launched to assist them
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Assmang Barclays DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) De Beers (part of Anglo American) Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Eskom Gold Fields Harmony Gold Joy Global Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Kumba Resources Namdeb (joint venture De Beers, Namibia Govt.) P&H Mining (part of Joy Global) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Standard Chartered Unilever Western Areas