Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals)
Headquarters in Australia
Author: Catherine Handfield, La Presse Canadienne
La Cour du Québec a-t-elle juridiction pour entendre un recours collectif intenté contre une société minière au nom des victimes d'un massacre perpétré en République démocratique du Congo (RDC)? Le juge Benoît Emery devra répondre à cette question...
- Related stories: Résumé du procès Anvil Mining (Rép. dém. du Congo)
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques Dernières infos « conflits et paix »
- Related companies: Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals)
Author: Joëlle Matte, Institut québécois des hautes études internationales, Université Laval
[Les acteurs privés]…de l’industrie des ressources extractives…doivent fréquemment interagir avec des États aux capacités institutionnelles et juridiques limitées...Il se dessine graduellement une exigence de réglementation des entreprises...
[PDF] Tort litigation against multinationals (“MNCs”) for violation of human rights: an overview of the position outside the US
Author: Richard Meeran, Leigh Day & Co
Over the past decade, the US Alien Tort Statute (“ATS”)…has generally been viewed as the mechanism with the most promising potential for holding MNCs to account for human rights violations in developing countries. In recent years, US public interest...
- Related stories: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) BHP lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) BP lawsuit (re Colombia) Cambior lawsuit (re Guyana) Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa) Monterrico Metals lawsuit (re Peru) Overview of non-US tort litigation against multinational companies for human rights abuses, by Richard Meeran of Leigh Day & Co Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Total lawsuit in Belgium (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Anglo American Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) BHP Billiton BP Cambior Cape PLC Chevron Gencor (mining) Merck Minera Majaz (part of Monterrico Metals) Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) Rio Blanco Copper (part of Monterrico Metals) Rio Tinto Securitas Shell Thor Chemicals Unocal (part of Chevron) Zijin
Pour la version française de ce profil, cliquez ici....
Author: Rights and Accountability in Development (RAID), Global Witness
Rights and Accountability in Development (RAID) and Global Witness invite you to a discussion around the class action filed against Anvil Mining Limited on 8 November 2010 by relatives of victims and survivors of the Kilwa massacre. The claimants...
Author: Michael Petrou, MacLeans [Canada]
An association representing survivors of a 2004 massacre in the Democratic Republic of Congo have launched a class action lawsuit against Canadian company Anvil Mining Ltd…The group alleges Anvil provided vehicles and planes to Congolese troops who...
- Related stories: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Survivors of Kilwa massacre (Dem. Rep. of Congo) sue Anvil Mining in Canada - allege company complicity in killings - with links to prior comments by Anvil
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace Résumé du procès Anvil Mining (République démocratique du Congo)
- Related companies: Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals)
[PDF] Assessing the contribution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises to responsible business conduct
Author: Joris Oldenziel (SOMO), Joseph Wilde-Ramsing (SOMO) & Patricia Feeney (RAID)
This report assesses the contribution of the OECD Guidelines to responsible business conduct, sustainable development, and the resolution and reduction of conflicts between companies and communities regarding social issues, environmental concerns, and...
- Related stories: 10th OECD roundtable on corporate responsibility to focus on supply chains, human rights, environment & climate change (Paris, 30 Jun - 1 Jul) OECD Watch new report: "Assessing the contribution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises to responsible business conduct"
- Related companies: ACC Capital Holdings Accor adidas Afrimex Airbus (part of EADS) Aker Kvaerner Alcoa Anglo American Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) ANZ Bank Ascendant Copper (now Copper Mesa Mining) Atlas Copco Avient Air Bayer BHP Billiton Botnia BP Brylane (part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute) Cabot Corporation Cermaq Chevron ConocoPhillips Continental AG Daewoo Group Das Air Cargo Delta Hess (joint venture Amerada Hess & Delta Oil) Delta Oil Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) Eni ExxonMobil First Quantum Minerals G-Star George Forrest Goldcorp GSL (now G4S) Hess Corporation Intex Resources KBC KfW KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Marathon Oil National Grid Nike Nutreco OM Group Oryx Natural Resources PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Ratiopharm (part of Teva Pharmaceutical) Rio Tinto Rolls-Royce plc Sandvik Shell Skanska Statoil Suez Total Toyota Tractebel (part of GDF Suez) Transco (part of National Grid) Tremalt Triumph International Tropical Farm Management Unocal (part of Chevron) Vattenfall Vedanta Resources Volkswagen Votorantim West LB Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Brett Popplewell, The Star [Canada]
Canadian mining companies are facing allegations of abuse and assault on local citizens in dozens of developing nations…In Ottawa…a House of Commons committee…will continue debating a Liberal private member's bill designed to put controls on mining...
- Related stories: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Copper Mesa Mining lawsuit (re Ecuador) Spotlight on unions and women [Mauritania]: Mahjouba Mint Saleek Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Barrick Gold Copper Mesa Mining TVI (Toronto Ventures Incorporated) Pacific
Author: Rights & Accountability in Development (RAID)
This memorandum contains four sections: the first addresses gaps in the Protect, Respect and Remedy Framework; the second looks at weaknesses in the regulation of London’s secondary market, the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), and the...