Headquarters in Netherlands
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (USA)
The new coalition representing $2 trillion will increase investor capacity to address human rights and business risks through targeted action, education and multi-stakeholder engagement... Convened by the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility ...
- Related stories: Global Investor Alliance for Human Rights representing $2 trillion launched
- Related companies: APG
AXA and Nordea among 100 investors urging companies to increase global working conditions disclosure
"Companies urged to increase workforce disclosure to improve global working conditions"...
Ahead of the third anniversary of the Rana Plaza tragedy that killed over 1000 garment workers in Bangladesh, the 2016 Australian Fashion Report has underlined the pressing need to accelerate efforts to uphold the rights of workers throughout the...
- Related stories: 3 years on from Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - little improvements in health & safety conditions
- Related companies: APG Inditex Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Damian Carrington & Caelainn Barr, Guardian (UK)
"Coal crash: how pension funds face huge risk from climate change", 15 Jun 2015...
- Related stories: Studies reveal risks investors face due to climate change
- Related companies: Aberdeen Asset Management Adani Group Allianz Alpha Natural Resources APG Arch Coal AXA BlackRock BNP Paribas Capital Group Consol Energy Evraz J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Legal & General PGGM Rio Tinto Sasol State Street UBS Vale Vanguard
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor
Professor John Ruggie has explained to Responsible Investor how the United Nations Guiding Principles on human rights that bear his name clearly apply to institutional investors and the financial community more generally...The principles had been...
Report assesses financial institutions' responsibility to respect human rights: Case study on extractives
Author: Dutch Fair Bank Guide & Dutch Fair Insurance Guide
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited ABN Amro, Allianz, APG, CNPC, Delta Lloyd, Generali, GlencoreXstrata, ING, Legal & General, ONGC, Rabobank, Shell to respond - responses & non-responses provided.] In December 2013, the...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: ABN Amro Aegon APG ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Barrick Gold China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Glencore Xstrata (now Glencore) Goldcorp ING Legal & General ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Posco Rabobank Shell SNS Reaal Trafigura Beheer Triodos Bank Vedanta Resources
- Related in-depth areas: Report assesses financial institutions' responsibility to respect human rights: Case study on extractives
- This is a response from the following companies: APG
Author: Margaret Wachenfeld, Institute for Human Rights and Business, on Responsible Investor
The [OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises'] new chapter [on human rights] reflects the increasingly mainstream place of human rights on the business agenda, including for the financial sector. The final statement of the Norwegian NCP in the...
Author: UN Global Compact
As a key agent of change, companies can make a critical contribution to economic development, peace and stability in the areas where they operate...Companies provide jobs and revenue to a local economy. They can set an example of sustainable business...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace Peacebuilding
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk APG Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal) Bavaria (part of SABMiller) China Development Bank Eni F&C Asset Management Holcim Interconexión Eléctrica (part of ISA Group) ISA Group LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Movistar (part of Telefónica) Nestlé Pacific Rubiales Energy PGGM Robeco SABMiller Safaricom SEB Shell Telefónica