Headquarters in Netherlands
Author: Investing in a Just Transition Project
"As investors with a requirement to act in the best interest of our beneficiaries and in line with our fiduciary duties, we believe that strategies to tackle climate change need to incorporate the full environmental, social and governance (ESG)...
- Related stories: Investing in a just transition: action guide
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Investment Investors
- Related companies: Aberdeen Standard Investments APG Assicurazioni Generali AustralianSuper Aviva CBUS Super CCLA Ceres Common Interests DWS (part of Deutsche Bank) Ecofi Investissements Epic Capital Group First State Super Fonds de solidarite FTQ Friends Provident Hermes Investment Management IFM Investors Man Group OFI Asset Management Rathbone Greenbank Investments Trilogy Global Advisors Vision Super
We welcome the research by Inclusive Development International about our coal-fired power sector in the Philippines. The research findings feed into our analysis and serve as input for our further inquiry and potentially engagement with the companies...
- Related stories: Philippines: Report alleges 'opaque investments' in coal projects that are causing environmental & social harms; some investors respond
- This is a response from the following companies: APG
Philippines: Report alleges 'opaque investments' in coal projects that are causing environmental & social harms; some investors respond
The report, "Broken Promises: The World Bank, International Investors and the Fight for Climate Justice in the Philippines," raises serious allegations concerning various companies' support of coal power plan projects in the Philippines through 'opaqu...
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (USA)
The new coalition representing $2 trillion will increase investor capacity to address human rights and business risks through targeted action, education and multi-stakeholder engagement... Convened by the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility ...
- Related stories: Global Investor Alliance for Human Rights representing $2 trillion launched
- Related companies: APG
AXA and Nordea among 100 investors urging companies to increase global working conditions disclosure
"Companies urged to increase workforce disclosure to improve global working conditions"...
Ahead of the third anniversary of the Rana Plaza tragedy that killed over 1000 garment workers in Bangladesh, the 2016 Australian Fashion Report has underlined the pressing need to accelerate efforts to uphold the rights of workers throughout the...
- Related stories: 3 years on from Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - little improvements in health & safety conditions
- Related companies: APG Inditex Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Damian Carrington & Caelainn Barr, Guardian (UK)
"Coal crash: how pension funds face huge risk from climate change", 15 Jun 2015...
- Related stories: Studies reveal risks investors face due to climate change
- Related companies: Aberdeen Asset Management Adani Group Allianz Alpha Natural Resources APG Arch Coal AXA BlackRock BNP Paribas Capital Group Consol Energy Evraz J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Legal & General Investment Management PGGM Rio Tinto Sasol State Street UBS Vale Vanguard
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor
Professor John Ruggie has explained to Responsible Investor how the United Nations Guiding Principles on human rights that bear his name clearly apply to institutional investors and the financial community more generally...The principles had been...