APPL (Amlgamated Plantations Private)
Headquarters in India
Author: Accountabilitea, India
"Nine Years of Neglect: Deaths of Indian Tea Estates under the World Bank's Watch", 27 April 2018...
- Related stories: India: CAO Investigation report low wages & poor working conditions at Tata-World Bank Plantations
- Related companies: APPL (Amlgamated Plantations Private) Tata Group
Author: Anirudha Nagar & Jayshree Satpute, Open Democracy
"From Geneva to Guwahati: demanding fair wages for Assam's tea workers", 27 Nov 2017...
India: Petition calls on IFC to improve treatment of workers in tea plantations, as investigation report identifies persisting problems
Author: Human Rights Watch
"World Bank: Few Improvements on India’s Tea Plantations", 6 Nov 2017...
- Related companies: APPL (Amlgamated Plantations Private)
- Related stories: India: Workers on tea plantations in Assam part-owned by Tata/Tetley allege labour abuses - intimidation of those raising concerns Starvation deaths highlights tea workers' conditions at closed tea plantations in West Bengal
- Related companies: APPL (Amlgamated Plantations Private) Tata Group Tata Tea (part of Tata Group)
Author: Amlgamated Plantations Private Limited response
we have examined [the report]… sufficiently to say that it is incorrect and misleading in some parts, which are injurious to our interests and defamatory. Our initial reaction is that you have not mentioned some aspects which should have found a place...
- Related stories: India: Report alleges persistent abusive practices & failure to comply with Plantations Labour Act at Amalgamated Plantations Private Limited tea plantations, company denies allegations
- This is a response from the following companies: Amalgamated Plantations Private Ltd APPL (Amlgamated Plantations Private)
Author: Aidan Radnedge, Metro [UK]
...[Tetley's] parent company, Tata [part of Tata Group], is facing calls to apologise after a crop sprayer allegedly paid as little as 8p an hour died of suspected poisoning at a plantation in India. Two fellow workers caught up in protests over his...