Headquarters in USA
Commentary: A bill of data rights is needed to protect freedom of expression & privacy in the digital age
Author: Martin Tisne, MIT Technology Review
"It's time for a bill of data rights," 14 Dec 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Apple Facebook Microsoft
Author: Business Insider (España)
“Amazon, Spotify, Apple, Netflix y Youtube incumplen la normativa europea de privacidad, según una organización activista”, 21 de enero de 2019...
Author: Mauricio Lazala & Ana Zbona, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in OXFAM Views & Voices
"Should companies act when civic freedoms are under attack?", 21 Jan 2018...
Author: Bennet Freeman, Mauricio Lazala & Michael Ineichen in World Economic Forum's Agenda
"Why businesses are nothing without strong human rights", 16 Jan 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Civil society participation Latest Legal News Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: adidas Airbnb Alphabet Apple BMW Cisco Systems Daimler Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft Nike Salesforce.com Siemens Unilever
USA: 2018 report on state of human rights details violations of labour rights, access to water & free, prior & informed consent
Author: US Human Rights Network
In the United States this year...we have seen undeniable, egregious, and unapologetic violations of human rights... Illegal and immoral attempts to encroach on American Indian lands, territories, and the resources of Indigenous Peoples have always been...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Alphabet Amazon.com Apple Bayer Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto (part of Bayer) Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Unilever Walmart Whole Foods Market YUM!
« Les géants de l'intelligence artificielle sauront s'autoréguler, dit Google », 12 décembre 2018...
USA: Investigation finds credit cards crucial to financing mass shootings; banks say not their responsibility to track gun purchases
Author: Andrew Ross Sorkin, The New York Times
USA: Investigation finds credit cards crucial to financing mass shootings; banks say not their responsibility to track gun purchases...