Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose)
Headquarters in Brazil
In 2009 Aracruz Celulose merged with Votorantim Celulose e Papel (VCP) to form Fibria Celulose.
Fibria website: www.fibria.com.br
KnowTheChain assessed 39 of the largest publicly listed companies in the paper and forestry and home furnishing retail sectors on their efforts to address forced labour risks in their supply chains, based on publicly disclosed information. The findings...
- Related stories: KnowTheChain: Ranking companies' efforts to address forced labour in their supply chains
- Related companies: Aaron's Inc Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Bed Bath & Beyond Canfor Corporation Domtar Duratex SA Empresas CMPC Fibria Floor & Decor Holdings Inc Holmen Home Depot Home Product Center Public Company Limited Howden Joinery Group Plc International Paper Kingfisher Lee and Man Paper Manufacturing Limited Louisiana-Pacific Lowe's Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nine Dragons Paper Nippon Paper Industries Co Ltd Nitori Holdings Co Ltd Norbord Inc Oji Paper Sappi Shandong Chenming Paper Holdings Ltd Siam Global House Public Company Limited Stella-Jones Inc Stora Enso Suzano Papel e Celulose The Navigator Company SA UPM Via Varejo SA West Fraser Timber Co Ltd WestRock Weyerhaeuser Williams Sonoma
Author: Amigos de la Tierra América Latina y el Caribe
“Informe: Estado del agua en América Latina y el Caribe”- 1 de diciembre de 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- This is a response from the following companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Brookfield Carrefour Coca-Cola Emgesa (parte de Enel) EPM (Empresas Públicas de Medellín) Ford Grupo Agbar (Aguas de Barcelona) Isagen (part of Brookfield) Itaú Unibanco Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Metro Group Nestlé SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Suez Telefónica Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Volkswagen
[PDF] Global Capital, Local Concessions: A Data-Driven Examination of Land Tenure Risk and Industrial Concessions in Emerging Market Economies
Author: Rights and Resources Initiative
Using geospatial data from 12 emerging market economies (EMEs), this analysis attempts to guide investors in emerging markets by shedding light on a difficult problem: overlapping land claims that diminish the value and viability of industrial...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Barrick Gold Fibria Glencore Hochschild Mining Indophil Resources McGraw Hill Rio Tinto Sagittarius Mines Inc (SMI) Standard & Poor's (part of S&P Global) Stora Enso Talisman (part of Repsol) Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Rikard Warlenius, EJOLT (Environmenal Justice Organisations, Liabilities and Trade)
…The plantation…extends for kilometres in both directions…[F]amilies belonging to the landless people’s movement, Movimiento Sem Terra (MST), occupied the area…The landowner – the joint venture Veracel owned by the giant forestry companies Aracruz and...
[DOC] Better Access to Remedy in Company-Community Conflicts in the field of CSR: A Model for Company-Based Grievance Mechanisms
Author: Cristina Cedillo, Institute for Environmental Security
The present research will contribute to the current literature on CSR and will propose a model for company-based mechanisms that can aspire to solving disputes in non-judicial, anticipated and CSR-conscious way. Hence, the mechanism should be designed...
Author: Emma Wilson, Intl. Institute for Environment & Development, for The Forests Dialogue
This discussion paper explores the potential for addressing conflict in the forest sector through the use of company-led tools and mechanisms... The paper offers examples of tools and approaches that are being employed by companies and non-industry...
- Related stories: Report urges companies in forest sector to take the lead in resolving conflicts with local people
- Related in-depth areas: Peacebuilding
- Related companies: Anglo American APRIL (Asia Pacific Resources International Limited) Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Forest Enterprises Australia (FEA) Great Southern Gunns Mondi (part of Anglo American) Norske Skog PricewaterhouseCoopers Sappi Stora Enso Timberlands
Las empresas Aracruz Celulose, la Compañía Paranaense de Energia (Copel), la CCR Rodovias, la Iochpe-Maxion, WEG y Petrobras fueron excluidas...del Índice de Sustentabilidad Empresarial (ISE) de la Bovespa (la mayor Bolsa de Valores y Mercados...). El...
O conselho do Índice de Sustentabilidade Empresarial (ISE) da Bolsa de Valores de São Paulo (Bovespa) resolveu excluir da carteira do indicador as empresas Petrobras, Aracruz, CCR Rodovias, Copel, Iochpe-Maxion e WEG. Entram para o índice, que vai...