Author: Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders
"...In 2015, our coalition the Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders – an informal group, facilitated by the World Economic Forum, of major global businesses from a range of sectors – called on governments to reach an ambitious climate deal, aligned with th...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP24 climate discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Mitigation
- Related companies: ABB Accenture Acciona Allianz Arcadis Arup AXA BASF Bloomberg BT Capricorn Investment Group Carlsberg Breweries Dana Danfoss DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Greentech Capital Advisors Heineken Hindustan Construction Hindustan Power HSBC Iberdrola Infosys ING JinkoSolar Holding Kaiser Permanente Kokusai Kogyo LafargeHolcim LeasePlan Lenzing LGT (Liechtenstein Global Trust) Maple Leaf Foods Natixis Orsted Pan American Silver PWC Logistics Royal DSM Royal Philips Electronics Schneider Electric Signify Suntory Beverage & Food Limited Suzlon Swiss Re Syngenta Teck Resources UBS Unilever Vestas Wind Systems Yara
Report by Chartered Institute of Building analyses UK construction industry's response to Modern Slavery Act
Author: Emma Crates, The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Construction and the Modern Slavery Act: Tackling exploitation in the UK, May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Arcadis Balfour Beatty Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) IKEA Land Securities Lend Lease Group Marks & Spencer Mars Marshalls Sainsbury's Sir Robert McAlpine Skanska Tesco Unilever Vinci Walmart
Green Deal Cooperation proves transparency is key to limiting long-term financial & environmental risks
Author: Ministry of Economic Affairs, IUCN NL, MVO Nederland, True Price
"It pays to be transparent: Lessons learnt in the Green Deal Cooperation towards Transparency in Natural and Social Capital, 2014 – 2016," May 2016...
93 companies sign letter committing to address environmental & societal challenges of climate change
Author: Paul Polman, Unilever & John Bryant, Kellogg Company (on behalf of 93 company signatories)
"The Case for Business Action on Climate Change", 24 Sep 2015...
- Related stories: Post-2015 Development Agenda - the business & human rights dimension
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Responsible public policy
- Related companies: Arcadis Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu DuPont EDP (Energias de Portugal) International Flavors & Fragrances Kellogg Monsanto (part of Bayer) Nestlé Novozymes NRG Energy Pöyry Group Procter & Gamble Siemens Sonae Titan Cement Unilever
Author: Patricio Bustamante Diaz
Chile es el país mas sísmico del planeta...Los proyectos de ingeniería mas grandes del mundo se están construyendo en Chile, son Mega Tranques de Relaves Mineros Tóxicos, [y] son construidas con arena...El reglamento es incapaz de prever y prevenir...
Author: Jan Barry, Mary Jo Layton, Alex Nussbaum, Tom Troncone, Lindy Washburn, Barbara Williams, Thomas E. Franklin, Record [New Jersey, USA]
Over 25 years, Ford churned out over 6 million cars and trucks at a vast factory in Mahwah [New Jersey]. But that remarkable production came at a cost. Before the plant closed in 1980, it also generated an ocean of pollution that was dumped in the...