Association of Banks in Israel
Headquarters in Israel & Occupied Palestinian Territories
Author: Association of Banks in Israel
[T]he Association of Banks in Israel is an umbrella organization, operating on behalf of all local banks…WhoProfits clearly drafted the report to advance a political agenda. Nevertheless, we do see value in ensuring that the broader community not be...
- Related stories: Israeli banks involved in financing illegal settlements in Palestine, Who Profits' report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- This is a response from the following companies: Association of Banks in Israel
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the Association of Banks in Israel to respond to HRW's report. The Association did not respond.
- Related stories: HRW report finds Israeli banks are not legally required to provide financial services to settlements, contrary to banks’ claims
- This is a non response from the following companies: Association of Banks in Israel
OPT: HRW calls on Israeli banks to comply with human rights responsibilities, cease activities in settlements
A 2017 Human Rights Watch (HRW) report refutes claims by Israeli banks that they are required to provide financial services to settlements in the occupied West Bank under Israeli law. HRW analysed Israeli law and international humanitarian and human...