Headquarters in USA
Ranking Digital Rights 2019 Index evaluates 24 companies on commitments & policies affecting freedom of expression & privacy
Author: Ranking Digital Rights
2019 RDR Index evaluated 24 companies on 35 indicators examining disclosed commitments, policies, and practices affecting freedom of expression and privacy... RDR Index scores represent the extent to which companies are meeting minimum standards. Yet...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Deutsche Telekom Etisalat Facebook Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Telenor Tencent Twitter Verizon Vodafone Yandex
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Access Now urges action by 22 internet, mobile & telco cos., based on 2018 Corporate Accountability Index
Author: Access Now
In September 2018, Access Now wrote to the heads of 22 internet, mobile and telecommunications companies, outlining specific steps they can take to improve their disclosures about the policy and practices they use to safeguard digital rights. The le...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Etisalat Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Tencent Twitter Vodafone Yandex
Author: Tim Bradshaw, Financial Times
"Google confirms 'Project Dragonfly' for China," 26 September 2018...
Author: Christopher Crosby, Law360
Commentary: US businesses increasingly taking a stand on social issues in response to public pressure
Author: Derek Thompson, The Atlantic
"Why are corporations finally turning against the NRA?" 26 February 2018...
... The social media-fueled campaign has already led a range of corporations, from a major insurer to three car rental brands, to severe their relationships with the NRA gun rights advocacy group. Amazon.com and other online streaming platforms are...