Audi (part of Volkswagen)
Member of UN Global Compact
42 organisations and companies agree on guiding principles for the creation of sustainable batteries by 2030
Author: Modern Diplomacy
"42 Global Organizations Agree on Guiding Principles for Batteries to Power Sustainable Energy Transition", 23 January 2020....
- Related in-depth areas: Climate justice Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources Renewable energy & human rights
- Related companies: Analog Devices Audi (part of Volkswagen) BASF BMW Enel Envision Eurasian Resources Group (ERG) Fairphone Greentech Capital Advisors Honda Johnson Matthey LeasePlan Renault SGS SK Innovation Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM) Umicore Volkswagen Volvo Group
Commentary: Recognising corporate watchdogs as an integral part of ethical outsourcing could help improve current auditing system
Author: Peter Bengtsen, Le Monde diplomatique
"Mica mining, why watchdogs count", April 2019...
HRW launches campaign urging major car companies to stand by Saudi activists jailed for advocating women's right to drive
Author: Human Rights Watch
"Tell Car Companies To Do The Right Thing", 11 September 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Audi (part of Volkswagen) Ford General Motors Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Jaguar Land Rover Nissan Renault Volkswagen
"Germany Makes Last-Ditch Effort to Rescue Diesel at Summit", 2 August 2017, Bloomberg...
Hungary: Multinational corporations only key players still silent on Orban's assault on independent academia, civil society & media
Author: Thorsten Benner & Wolfgang Reinicke in The Washington Post (USA)
"It’s time for international investors to speak up about Hungary’s assault on democracy", 18 Apr 2017...
- Related stories: Business, civic freedoms and human rights defenders: Which developments and ideas did we put in the spotlight? Hungary: Rapidly shrinking civic freedoms - what business can do
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Audi (part of Volkswagen) Daimler General Electric Volkswagen
Author: Kate Hodal, Guardian [UK]
India is to legalise the mining of mica, a sparkly mineral used in eyeshadows and car paint, in a bid to cut the number of children who labour – and often die – to produce it...Activists lauded the decision to legalise mica mining, but warned that high...
Author: Rob Davies, the Guardian
"Head of Google Europe apologises over ads on extremist content", 20 Mar 2017...
Author: Jena McGregor, The Washington Post (USA)
“The Cost Of Silence: Why More CEOs Are Speaking Out In The Trump Era”, 21 Feb 2017 ...
Angesichts der großen Not der Flüchtlinge in Europa hat die AUDI AG im September 2015 eine Million Euro für Flüchtlings-Hilfsprojekte an den Produktionsstandorten Brüssel, Győr, Ingolstadt und Neckarsulm zur Verfügung gestellt. Im Mittelpunkt stand...
- Related stories: "Wir zusammen": Beispiele der Flüchtlingsintegration in der deutschen Wirtschaft
- Related companies: Audi (part of Volkswagen)