Audi (part of Volkswagen)
Member of UN Global Compact
HRW launches campaign urging major car companies to stand by Saudi activists jailed for advocating women's right to drive
Author: Human Rights Watch
"Tell Car Companies To Do The Right Thing", 11 September 2018...
"Germany Makes Last-Ditch Effort to Rescue Diesel at Summit", 2 August 2017, Bloomberg...
Hungary: Multinational corporations only key players still silent on Orban's assault on independent academia, civil society & media
Author: Thorsten Benner & Wolfgang Reinicke in The Washington Post (USA)
"It’s time for international investors to speak up about Hungary’s assault on democracy", 18 Apr 2017...
- Related stories: Business, civic freedoms and human rights defenders: Which developments and ideas did we put in the spotlight? Hungary: Rapidly shrinking civic freedoms - what business can do
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Audi (part of Volkswagen) Daimler General Electric Volkswagen
Author: Kate Hodal, Guardian [UK]
India is to legalise the mining of mica, a sparkly mineral used in eyeshadows and car paint, in a bid to cut the number of children who labour – and often die – to produce it...Activists lauded the decision to legalise mica mining, but warned that...
Author: Rob Davies, the Guardian
"Head of Google Europe apologises over ads on extremist content", 20 Mar 2017...
Author: Jena McGregor, The Washington Post (USA)
“The Cost Of Silence: Why More CEOs Are Speaking Out In The Trump Era”, 21 Feb 2017 ...
Angesichts der großen Not der Flüchtlinge in Europa hat die AUDI AG im September 2015 eine Million Euro für Flüchtlings-Hilfsprojekte an den Produktionsstandorten Brüssel, Győr, Ingolstadt und Neckarsulm zur Verfügung gestellt. Im Mittelpunkt stand...
- Related stories: "Wir zusammen": Beispiele der Flüchtlingsintegration in der deutschen Wirtschaft
- Related companies: Audi (part of Volkswagen)
Author: Facing Finance
"Dirty Profits 4: Report on Companies and Financial Institutions Benefitting from Violations of Human Rights," 16 Feb 2016...
- Related stories: Facing Finance report investigates abuses by 20 companies & ties to financial institutions
- Related companies: Airbus (part of EADS) Allianz Alstom Anglo American Audi (part of Volkswagen) BHP Billiton BMW China Gold International Resources Coca-Cola Daewoo International (part of Posco) Deutsche Bank EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) ExxonMobil Grupo México HeidelbergCement HSBC Inditex Lockheed Martin Motorola Nestlé Pfizer Posco Rheinmetall Rolls-Royce plc Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Sanofi Syngenta Total Vale Vanguard Verizon Volkswagen Zara (part of Inditex)
Audi is moving quickly to help: the carmaker has made one million euros in emergency aid available for refugees. The company is using the funds to support aid initiatives at its production sites in Ingolstadt, Neckarsulm, Brussels and Győr. Through...