Australia: OECD National Contact Point updates specific instance procedures
The Australian Government Department of Treasury has released updated specific instance procedures to modernise and clarify how the Australian OECD National Contact Point will handle cases.
All components of this story
Author: OECD Watch
10 August 2018
...Following the Australian NCP's release of its new rules, OECD Watch and several partners have written a letter calling on the NCP to adopt further amendments to ensure these and other critical issues are addressed.
The letter is available in full here.
The following documents should be used for specific instances brought to the AusNCP. If you are preparing a complaint, or are a party involved in a complaint, we encourage you to read these procedures and make use of our submission form.
- AusNCP procedures [PDF1.03MB | DOCX479KB] – this explains the processes used by the AusNCP when considering cases. They are based on procedural guidance offered in the OECD Guidelines.
- Process flowchart [PDF477KB] – this diagram provides a simplified version of the case handling process.
- Submission form – this is the best way to submit a new complaint to the AusNCP and gives users a sense of the information we require upfront...
Australia: Submission of OECD Watch to the Australian NCP's consultation on improving its specific instance procedures
Author: J. Wilde Ramsing & M.G. Ingrams, OECD
"Submission of OECD Watch to the Australian NCP's consultation on improving its specific instance procedures", 29 June 2018
...This OECD Watch submission:
- Summarizes OECD Watch’s recommendations to the AusNCP; and
- Responds to each of the proposed changes as well as a few other topics of concern to OECD Watch and its members...
*The document in PDF format is attached.