Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: BBC News
A UK trade union is attempting to force Rolls Royce, BAE Systems and other leading employers [a total of 10,000 businesses] to reveal whether or not they offer equal rates of pay to men and women.
In the green dock: corporate targets [sub-section of article entitled "Asda 'exploiting loophole' for store space"]
Author: Julia Finch & Neil Hume, Guardian [UK]
FoE [Friends of the Earth] is also targeting some of Britain's largest listed firms, which it claims are putting profits before people and the environment; it has bought shares in 18 publicly quoted firms and has been questioning boards about the...
- Related companies: Anglo American ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Ports BAE Systems Balfour Beatty Barclays BP British Airports Authority (now Heathrow Airport Holdings) British Airways British American Tobacco HSBC Premier Oil Rio Tinto Safeway UK (part of Morrisons) Shell Tesco Wood (formerly Amec Foster Wheeler)
Author: Amnesty International
As this study shows, the governments of the G8 authorize unparalleled levels of arms and related assistance to the world's armed forces and law enforcement agencies, but often to those who persistently commit gross human rights violations - equipping...
- Related stories: G8 Arms Exports & Human Rights Violations (Amnesty International)
- Related companies: Air Cess BAE Systems Bell Helicopter (part of Textron) Boeing Bombardier Booz Allen Hamilton Brenco International Carl Walther Carlyle Group Diehl DynCorp Eclats Antivols Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Fiat (part of Fiat Chrysler) Finmeccanica Fritz Werner Company Gazprom General Dynamics General Motors Giat (now Nexter) Heckler & Koch Kawasaki Heavy Industries Mauser-Werke (part of Rheinmetall Group) MPRI (part of L-3 Communications) New Gomair Nico-Pyrotechnik Nortel Networks Panhard Planetair Pratt and Whitney (part of United Technologies) R-Plus Rheinmetall Rivolier Smith and Wesson ST Kinetics (Singapore Technologies Kinetics, part of ST Engineering) Suburban Guns Textron Thyssen Henschel United Technologies Vinnell (part of Northrop Grumman)
Author: Julian Roche, Ethical Corporation Magazine
Julian Roche looks at the necessary conditions for the untroubled existence of religion in the workplace. [refers to religious discrimination & tolerance in workplace; BAe Systems, Tate & Lyle, Ford, Mattel, GM, Stockton Steel]
Author: BAE Systems
- Related companies: BAE Systems
Author: Amnesty International
[refers to ADI Limited, Aerospatiale Matra (part of EADS), Arsenal, Beijing Heavy Duty Truck, Beretta, Boeing, Brenco International, Brocock, Carigroup, Celerg, Central African Airlines, Cenzin, Ceska Zbrojovka, Cuno Melcher (part of ME Sportwaffen),...
- Related stories: Amnesty Intl. report says EU arms exports are threatening global security
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: ADI Limited (joint venture Transfield Holdings & Thales) Aerospatiale Matra (part of EADS) Arsenal BAE Systems Beretta Boeing Brenco International Brocock Cenzin Ceská zbrojovka Chapuis Armes - Manurhin Cuno Melcher (part of ME Sportwaffen) Data Device DDC Ireland (part of Data Device) Défense Conseil International EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) FN Herstal (part of Herstal Group) Fritz Werner Company G4S General Dynamics Hashmira (part of G4S) Heckler & Koch Hemus Hindustan Aeronautics Hirtenberger Land Rover (part of Tata Group) Lockheed Martin Manurhin (part of Chapuis Armes - Manurhin) MBDA ME Sportwaffen MKEK New Lachaussée Northrop Grumman Otokar Pakistan Ordnance Factories Rivolier RO Defence (part of BAE Systems) Roxel (joint venture MBDA & SNPE) Royal Philips Electronics Santa Bárbara (part of General Dynamics) Snecma (part of Safran) SNPE Splav ST Engineering (Singapore Technologies Engineering) Steyr (part of Steyr Mannlicher) Steyr Mannlicher Thales Timoney Technology Tlocznia Metali Pressta (TM Pressta) Turbomeca (part of Safran)
Author: Susanne Baker, Environment Agency [UK]
[UK] Spotlight on business: environmental performance in 2003 shows the number of pollution incidents from industry was down 12% on 2002 and by 43% over the last two years...In a new turn, this year's report highlights a growing trend of personal...
- Related companies: BAE Systems Cleansing Service Group Eurocare Environmental Services European Metal Recycling Ford Henkel Interbrew (now InBev, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Laurent-Perrier Polymerlatex Procter & Gamble Rolls-Royce plc RWE Southern Water Thames Water (part of RWE)
Author: Johann Hari, Independent [UK]
Every year, the friends and accomplices of some of the worst human rights abusers in the world mill around our party conferences...Don't get me wrong - this is not an anti-capitalist view...We need companies. Markets are an essential part of any...
Author: Jonathan Stearns, Bloomberg
The European Union urged China to strengthen human rights as the EU considers ending a 15-year-old arms embargo that denies weapons makers such as European Aeronautic Defense & Space Co. [EADS] and BAE Systems Plc access to the growing Chinese...