Headquarters in United Kingdom
BankTrack's 2nd benchmarking report finds most banks still failing to deliver on UN Guiding Principles
Financing Forced Labor. The Legal and Policy Implications of World Bank Loans to the Government of Uzbekistan
Author: International Labor Rights Forum (USA)
...The Uzbek government has forced farmers to deliver annual production quotas and citizens to harvest cotton and perform other field work, all under menace of penalty...The Government of Uzbekistan is primarily responsible for the perpetration of its...
Protesters against Bidco's alleged land grab in Uganda picket outside company's financiers' offices in London; Bidco comments
Author: Samuel Nabwiiso, East African Business Week (Uganda)
"Bidco fends off protestors over palm oil"...
Author: George Ngigi, Business Daily (Kenya)
"Top bank jobs still elusive for women in Kenya"...
Report links financial sector to human rights abuses of asylum-seekers in Australia's offshore detention centres
Ferrovial could be liable for crimes against humanity over conditions in Australia’s refugee camps in Papua New Guinea; incl. company comments
Author: Ben Doherty & Patrick Kingsley, Guardian (UK)
"Refugee camp company in Australia 'liable for crimes against humanity'", 25 Jul 2016...
- Related stories: Report links financial sector to human rights abuses of asylum-seekers in Australia's offshore detention centres
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Banco Popular Banco Sabadell Bank of America Bankinter Barclays BBVA BNP Paribas Citigroup Crédit Agricole Deutsche Bank Ferrovial HSBC Intesa Sanpaolo JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley Royal Bank of Scotland Santander Société Générale
Christian Aid calls UK MPs to support companies’ country-by-country reporting that will enable poorer countries to collect taxes owed by multinationals
Author: Christian Aid
"Please help reveal the truth about tax, Christian Aid urges MPs", 13 Jun 2016...
Latin America: In hearing at Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, 13 NGOs speak about corporate abuse, obstacles to access to justice, through “emblematic” cases
Author: Inter-American Association for Environmental Defense (AIDA, regional)
“Victims of business-influenced human rights violations face obstacles to achieving justice”...
Includes allegations of workers living in squalid containers at a carwash in Kent that say they are paid well below the minimum wage, suffer verbal and physical abuse, and have wages withheld for causing minor damage.
Author: Paul Sullivan, New York Times (USA)
State Street Global Advisors will introduce its 159th exchange-traded fund on Tuesday, the SPDR Gender Diversity Index E.T.F...SHE....
- Related stories: Intl. Women's Day 2016: Advances by companies & continuing challenges
- Related companies: Barclays Morgan Stanley State Street