Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Corporate Europe Observatory
...the ICC's efforts to sideline the UN Norms are led by Robin Aram, Shell's Vice-President of External Relations and Policy Development...Novartis, Novo Nordisk and Barclays Bank are part of a coalition of companies that last December agreed to give...
Author: Alison Maitland, Financial Times
Amnesty International has hit back at a CBI [Confederation of British Industry] assault on United Nations human rights proposals, accusing the business lobby of scare-mongering and misinformation.
- Related stories: Financial Times: Amnesty hits back at Confederation of British Industry's attack on UN human rights norms for business
- Related companies: ABB Barclays National Grid Novartis
Author: Amnesty International
As the annual UN Commission for Human Rights...opens in Geneva...a major coalition of campaigning organisations including Amnesty International, Christian Aid, Oxfam and Friends of the Earth have called on the British government not to de-rail a new...
Author: Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights
...a three-year programme to help lead and develop the corporate response to human rights. [member companies: ABB, Barclays, Body Shop, MTV Networks Europe, National Grid Transco, Novartis, Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group), Statoil, Gap, Hewlett...
Author: Henderson Global Investors
[PDF] [refers to Safeways, Sainsbury's, Marks & Spencer, AstraZeneca, Aventis, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Sanofi Sythélabo, Alliance & Leicester, Barclays, Dexia, HSBC, Lloyds TSB, Royal Bank of Scotland, SanPaolo IMI, Standard...
- Related companies: Alliance & Leicester AstraZeneca Aventis (now part of Sanofi) Barclays BHP Billiton BP Co-operative Group Cookson Dexia Equinor (formerly Statoil) Fujitsu GlaxoSmithKline HSBC IBM Lloyds Marks & Spencer NEC Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Rabobank Rohm Royal Bank of Scotland Safeway UK (part of Morrisons) Sainsbury's Sanofi-Synthélabo (now part of Sanofi) Sanpaolo IMI (part of Intesa Sanpaolo) Smiths Group Standard Chartered UBS Xstrata (part of Glencore)
[PDF] Principles, Profits or just PR? Triple P investments under the Equator Principles: An Anniversary Assessment
[refers to Barclays, ABN AMRO, Citigroup, Mizuho, Société Générale, Banca Intesa, Dexia, HVB, ING, KBC, Royal Bank of Scotland, West LB, Royal Bank of Canada, Lukoil, Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole), Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz), Rabobank, Crédit...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: ABN Amro Allianz Banca Intesa (part of Intesa Sanpaolo) Barclays BBVA BP Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Citigroup Credit Suisse Dexia Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) Electricity Generating Public Company Gazprom HSBC HVB ING KBC Lukoil Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) Rabobank Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Société Générale Standard Chartered STEAG West LB Westpac
Author: Friends of the Earth & BankTrack
`Principles, Profit or just PR', launched by Friends of the Earth and the Bank Track network shows that Barclays, Standard Charter, Royal Bank of Scotland and HSBC are all involved or considering financing projects that would breach the Equator...
Statoil has become a member of the Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights...Statoil represents the energy sector in this initiative, with other corporate members including ABB (power and technology), Barclays (finance) and MTV (communication and...
Author: Sune Skadegaard Thorsen, Attorney at Law, and Annemarie Meisling, Assistant Attorney at Law, Lawhouse.dk (submitted for the Intl. Bar Association / International Association of Young Lawyers conference on Corporate Social Responsibility, Amsterdam, 25 - 26 June 2004)
The Draft Norms is a first attempt to establish an international framework for mandatory standards on Corporate Social Responsibility. The paper discusses both opportunities and shortcomings of the Norms. [refers to members of the Business Leaders...
Author: EarthRights International
This report seeks to summarize the history, jurisprudence and politics of ATCA in order to explain how this relatively obscure law became a lightning rod in the world of business and human rights...[refers to Unocal, Chevron (part of ChevronTexaco),...
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuits (re Colombia & Ecuador) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) full report: "In Our Court: ATCA, Sosa and the Triumph of Human Rights" Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Bank of America Barclays BNP Paribas CACI Chentex Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Computer Sciences (CSC) Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dow Chemical Drummond DynCorp Eastman Kodak ExxonMobil Ford Freeport-McMoRan Fresh Del Monte Produce General Motors Grupo México Halliburton IBM Newmont Goldcorp Occidental Petroleum Pfizer Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) PricewaterhouseCoopers Rio Tinto Shell Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Talisman (part of Repsol) Texaco (part of Chevron) Titan (now L-3 Titan) Total UBS Union Carbide (part of Dow) United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) Westinghouse