Barrick (Niugini) Limited
Headquarters in Papua New Guinea
Papua New Guinea: Landowner group calls on government to reject renewal of licence for Canadian mining company, Barrick
Author: Radio New Zealand
“Porgera landowners call on PNG govt to reject Barrick”, 4 November 2019....
- Related stories: Papua New Guinea: Reports of violence at Barrick-operated Porgera mine
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Barrick (Niugini) Limited
Recent media reports cite incidents of injuries and killings at the Porgera gold mine. Mine operator, Barrick Niugini Limited (BNL), said the injuries were sustained by intruders after falling from extremely steep inclines of the mine. BNL said that it...
Author: Vijay Prashad, Asia Times
"Theft of resources in Papua New Guinea", 4 May 2019...
Papua New Guinea: Barrick (Niugini) Limited allegedly violates locals' right to water at Porgera gold mine
A report published by the Columbia Law School Human Rights Clinic and the The Advanced Consortium on Cooperation, Conflict and Complexity at Columbia University's Earth Institute entitled Red Water: Mining and the Right to Water in Porgera, Papua New...
Author: Barrick Gold
Barrick Niugini Limited (BNL) was approached by the authors about the Study in 2017... [and] engaged extensively with the authors and provided information and data related to water management on the site. The Study [includes]... concerning allegations...
- Related stories: Papua New Guinea: Barrick (Niugini) Limited allegedly violates locals' right to water at Porgera gold mine
- This is a response from the following companies: Barrick (Niugini) Limited Barrick Gold Zijin