Headquarters in Philippines
Benguet website: www.benguetcorp.com
- Related stories: Nickel Asia, Benguet and Lepanto Consolidated Mining respond regarding intimidation & threatening of environmental rights defender
- This is a non response from the following companies: Benguet
Author: Jong dela Cruz, Sun Star Pangasinan [Philippines]
Possible mineral exploration in the mountainous Mapita Valley in Aguilar town might drive away indigenous peoples settled in the area since the 1960s...Entities like Benguet Mining Corporation (BMC) and [National] Transmission Corporation (Transco) are...
- Related companies: Benguet National Transmission Corporation (Transco) [Philippines]
Author: Earthworks and Oxfam America
...details the massive pollution, huge open pits, devastating community health effects, worker dangers and, in many cases, human rights abuses that have become hallmarks of gold and metals mining in countries such as Peru, Indonesia, Ghana and in parts...
- Related stories: BHP lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) full report: "Dirty Metals: Mining Communities and the Environment"
- Related companies: Barrick Gold Benguet BHP Billiton Cambior Cameco Doe Run (part of Renco) Esmeralda Exploration Freeport-McMoRan Glamis Gold (part of Goldcorp) Grupo México Inco (part of Companhia Vale do Rio Doce) Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Manhattan Minerals Meridian Gold Newmont Goldcorp Noranda (part of Falconbridge) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Renco Rio Tinto Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Western Mining
Author: Oxfam Community Aid Abroad
[includes reference to Benguet Corp., Alcan, Norsk Hydro, Indal, Rio Tinto, Kennecott, Placer Dome, Misima Mining Ltd., PT Freeport Indonesia, PT KEM, Aurora Gold, Newmont, PT IMK]
- Related stories: full report: "Tunnel Vision: Women, Mining and Communities"
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Benguet Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan Indal (Indian Aluminium, part of Aditya Birla Group) Kennecott Minerals (part of Rio Tinto) Newmont Goldcorp Norsk Hydro Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rio Tinto