BG Group (part of Shell)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
In February 2016, BG Group was acquired by Shell.
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: International Trade Union Confederation
Author: Lucy Amis & Dave Prescott, International Business Leaders Forum
[A comparison of policies & practices on human rights issues by 7 multinational extractive companies: BG, BP, BHP Billiton, BOC Group [part of Linde], Premier Oil, Rio Tinto, Shell]
- Related companies: BG Group
Author: Elizabeth Nash, Independent (UK)
Bolivia's president, Gonzalo Sanchez de Lozada, was forced yesterday to suspend plans by British and Spanish petroleum giants to export natural gas to the United States via Chile as the death toll from a wave of protests approached 40...the opposition...
Author: BG Group
- Related companies: BG Group
[PDF] full report: "FTSE4Good Index series - Criteria development and company engagement programme 2003-2004"
[refers to cos. that met new FTSE4Good human rights criteria for resource cos./committed to meet them: BHP Biliton, Shell, BP, BG, Lonmin, Mitsubishi Corp., Norsk Hydro, Statoil, Cosmo Oil, Expro Group, PetroCanada, Repsol. And cos. deleted from index...
- Related stories: Report shows 62 cos. removed from FTSE4Good Index for not meeting human rights, environmental criteria
- Related companies: Allied Irish Banks Alumina AMB Generali Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Applera Banco BPI Banco Comercial Portugues BG Group BHP Billiton BP Cairn Energy Carlsberg Breweries Carphone Warehouse Central Japan Railway Chiba Bank Commerzbank ConocoPhillips Danske Bank Delphi Denso Diamond Offshore Drilling Elan Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Fairfax Financial Holdings Fineco Finning Foster's Four Seasons Hotels Goldman Sachs Goldshield Goodrich Gunma Bank Hafslund Hess Corporation Hutchison Whampoa Interbrew (now InBev, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Lehman Brothers Lonmin Macquarie Bank Malcom Manulife Financial Marschollek, Lautenschläger und Partner Mediobanca Mitsubishi Group Molson (part of Molson Coors) National Bank of Canada Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Omron Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Rank Royal Blue Sarantis Shell Spirent Statoil Suncorp SunTrust Banks Sygen Tenet Healthcare Terex Terumo Wing Tai Holdings
Author: Terry Macalister, Guardian
Almost three times as many firms responded to this year's annual survey from the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), a group of institutional investors holding assets worth $10,000bn (£5,700bn)...British oil groups BP and BG along with banks Abbey...
Alvaro Rios, the country's former energy minister, says President Mesa must tread a fine line if he is both to satisfy social demands and persuade the oil companies not to pull out. [refers to Repsol-YPF, Petrobras, BP, BG Group]
Author: Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights (BLIHR)
The second report of the Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights (BLIHR) describes the collective and sector-specific work each of the member companies has initiated during 2004. [member companies are ABB, Barclays, Gap, Hewlett-Packard, MTV...
- Related companies: ABB Aventis (now part of Sanofi-Aventis) Barclays BG Group Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Celestica Cisco Systems Dell EDF Flextronics Gap GlaxoSmithKline HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel Jabil Circuit Merck Microsoft MTV (part of Viacom) MTV Networks Europe (part of Viacom) National Grid Novartis Novo Group Pfizer RWE Sanmina-SCI Sanofi-Aventis SAP Seagate Technology Severn Trent Solectron Sony Statoil Thames Water (part of RWE)