BG Group (part of Shell)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
In February 2016, BG Group was acquired by Shell.
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Kenya: UK High Commissioner calls for transparent oil revenue management to maximise benefits to locals
Author: Dr Christian Turner, (UK High Commissioner to Kenya) in Capital FM
"Secure environment key for investment in Kenya's extractives sector"...
[PDF] Workers & minorities bear the brunt of abuse - Business & human rights in Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing provides an update about businesses’ impacts on human rights in Eastern Europe &...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre releases its second Eastern Europe & Central Asia regional briefing
- Related companies: Aeroflot American Apparel Arcelor Mittal BG Group (part of Shell) Chevron Daewoo International (part of Posco) Eni ExxonMobil Gazprom GM Uzbekistan (joint venture General Motors & UzAvtosanoat) Indorama Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO) KazMunayGas Lukarco (joint venture Lukoil & Arco) Lukoil Microsoft Nike RUSAL Shell Shurtanneftegaz Tengizchevroil (joint venture Chevron, ExxonMobil, KazMunayGas, LukArco) Trustbank Ukrainian Danube Shipping Company Uralasbest
Author: Lou Pingeot, Global Policy Forum
[T]his working paper examines the role and influence of business actors in the process towards the Post-2015 agenda of the UN, with particular attention to the influence of large transnational corporations. The business sector certainly has an...
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barclays BASF Bayer BG Group (part of Shell) Cargill Citigroup DSM Ericsson ExxonMobil Gucci (part of Kering) H&M Heineken Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Nestlé Novartis PepsiCo Shell Unilever Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Walmart Yara
Author: Relatoria do Direito Humano ao Meio Ambiente - Plataforma Dhesca Brasil
[O Centro de Informação sobre Empresas e Direitos Humanos convidou a Petrobras para responder às acusações. Resposta foi concedida.] A Missão “Indústria do Petróleo e Conflitos Ambientais na Baía de Guanabara: o caso do Comperj”, realizada [entre].......
- Related stories: Brasil: Relatório denuncia abusos de direitos humanos de pescadores artesanais em complexo petrolífero na Baía de Guanabara
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas notícias legais
- Related companies: BG Group (part of Shell) BNDES ThyssenKrupp
Author: Crude Accountability
Crude Accountability’s new film, “Five Kilometers of Indifference,” describes the many years of struggle of the residents of the village of Berezovka, in western Kazakhstan, to achieve relocation away from one of the world’s largest oil and gas...
Author: Nicholas Watt, The Guardian
David Cameron hopes to trigger a series of business deals in the oil-rich republic of Kazakhstan worth up to £85bn over the next decade and has made it clear that he is placing Britain's role in the economic "global race" above the defence of human...
Author: US Department of State
This is the first public U.S. Government report on the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPs) Initiative...The U.S. Government has prepared this public report in line with our commitment to make our participation in the VPs Initiative...
Author: Oliver Balch, Ethical Corporation
[A]re the...[Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights] delivering? Are mining sites free, or freer, of human rights abuses than they were before? The mining signatories all insist that the past dozen years have brought huge progress...The...
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP Chevron ConocoPhillips Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan GardaWorld Hess Corporation Inmet Mining Marathon Oil Newmont Goldcorp Occidental Petroleum Rio Tinto Shell Talisman Total
Author: Nate Schenkkan, EurasiaNet
At the northern edge of...Karachaganak gas condensate field sits a...village named Berezovka. Since 2002, residents have sought to be relocated, claiming that emissions from the field’s operations pose a health hazard. The 1,400 residents of Berezovka...