BG Group (part of Shell)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
In February 2016, BG Group was acquired by Shell.
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Brazilian prosecutors sued Chevron Corp…and…Transocean Ltd for 20 billion reais ($10.6 billion) over their alleged roles in a November oil spill near Rio de Janeiro. The civil suit filed by federal prosecutors in Rio de Janeiro state also seeks to...
- Related stories: Brazil: Federal prosecutors file $11 billion civil suit against Chevron & Transocean over their alleged roles in November oil spill Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) US Deepwater Horizon explosion & oil spill lawsuits Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: BG Group (part of Shell) Chevron Petrobras Texaco (part of Chevron) Transocean
Author: Standard Life Investments
Foreword by James Featherby...Investors regularly evaluate...a variety of risks that could impact on their investments, including the risks that social and environmental issues pose to secure, stable and safe operations. Human rights issues have been...
- Related stories: Standard Life Investments issues report on implementation of UN Guiding Principles on business & human rights in extractives sector
- Related companies: Anglo American Antofagasta BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP Cairn Energy Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) OMV Randgold (part of Barrick Gold) Repsol YPF Rio Tinto Shell Total Tullow Oil Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Barbara Lewis, Reuters
In a letter to the European Union's financial regulation chief, a group of companies objected to a proposal to include reporting not just at government level, but on a project-by-project basis. They said that was commercially and politically sensitive,...
Author: UN Global Compact & Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
Why respect human rights?...Why develop a human rights policy?...Getting started - the process behind the policy...What are the key ingredients of a human rights policy?...Next steps - Path to implementation...[refers to BlackRock, AXA, Investment...
- Related stories: A guide for business: How to develop a human rights policy
- Related companies: ABB adidas Alcoa AngloGold Ashanti ANZ Bank AstraZeneca AXA Balfour Beatty Barclays BASF Bayer BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BlackRock Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Carrefour Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coca-Cola Codelco Diageo DuPont Eni Fujitsu General Electric GlaxoSmithKline H&M HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC IKEA Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Marks & Spencer Marriott Mitsubishi Group Monsoon Accessorize National Grid Pentland Group PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Shell Tata Group Telefónica Tesco Total Vale Westpac Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Summary Note: Consultation with Business Stakeholders on the Implementation of the UN "Protect, Respect and Remedy" Framework
Author: Prepared for the mandate of UN Special Representative on business & human rights John Ruggie
Professor John Ruggie…held a consultation with business stakeholders in Paris on the implemention of the UN “Protect, Respect and Remedy” Framework…The purpose of the consultation was to provide an opportunity for…industry,…employer organizations,...
- Related stories: Summary of UN Special Representative John Ruggie consultation with govts. on implementation of "Protect, Respect, Remedy" framework
- Related in-depth areas: UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: ABB ABN Amro Ahold Delhaize Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti ArcelorMittal BAE Systems Barclays BASF BG Group (part of Shell) BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BNP Paribas BP Burson-Marsteller Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Capgemini Carrefour Casino Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP & Glencore) Chevron Coca-Cola Crédit Agricole Daimler Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF Edmond de Rothschild Group (LCF Rothschild) EMC Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Esquel ExxonMobil France Telecom (now Orange) Gazprom GDF Suez (now Engie) General Electric (GE) Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) ING Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) L'Oreal La Caixa Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Marks & Spencer Michelin Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Nippon Steel Nokia Orange Orano (formerly Areva) PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Rabobank Randstad Renault Rhodia Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Sakhalin Energy (joint venture Shell, Gazprom, Mitsui, & Mitsubishi) Société Générale Sodexo Solvay Suez Symantec Telecom Italia Thales Total Toyota Unilever Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Walt Disney Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Author: PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Carbon Disclosure Project
In 2010, the CDP asked the world’s 500 largest public companies in the FTSE Global Equity Index Series...to demonstrate that they are taking action on climate change. This report, prepared by CDP’s global adviser, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), analyzes...
- Related stories: Report says carbon management becoming a "strategic business priority" - says Siemens, Deutsche Post, BASF, Bayer, Samsung top 5 firms for carbon disclosure
- Related companies: 3M A.P. Moller - Maersk Group ABB Abbott Laboratories Abertis Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems AFLAC Ahold Delhaize Air Liquide Air Products Akzo Nobel Allergan Allianz Allstate Alstom Amazon.com AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) América Movil American Electric Power American Express Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Anheuser-Busch InBev Apache Apple Applied Materials Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T Atlantia Aviva AXA BAE Systems Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Barclays Barrick Gold Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beiersdorf Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BG Group (part of Shell) Bharti Airtel BHP Billiton BMW BNP Paribas BOC Group (part of Linde) Boeing Bouygues BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco British Sky Broadcasting BT Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) BYD Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Caisse d'Epargne Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canadian Natural Resources Canon Capital One Carnival Carrefour Caterpillar Cathay Pacific Central Japan Railway Centrica CEZ Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Cheung Kong Chevron China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Mobile China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Telecom China Unicom Chubb Group Chubu Electric Power Chunghwa Telecom Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) CNP Assurances Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commonwealth Bank ConocoPhillips Corning Costco Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) CSX CVS Daimler Danaher Danone Danske Bank DBS Bank Dell Denso Deutsche Bank Deutsche Boerse Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Devon Energy Diageo DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy E.ON East Japan Railway eBay Ecopetrol EDF Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Eni Entergy EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ericsson Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Exelon Express Scripts ExxonMobil FedEx Fiat (part of Fiat Chrysler) Ford Fortum France Telecom (now Orange) Franklin Templeton Freeport-McMoRan Fresenius Medical Care Gap Gazprom GDF Suez (now Engie) General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Groupe Banque Populaire Grupo ACS H&M Halliburton Hang Seng Bank Heineken Henderson Land Hess Corporation Home Depot Hon Hai Honda Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Husky Energy Hutchison Whampoa Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group Iberdrola IBM ICICI ICL Plastics Illinois Tool Works Imperial Oil Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation Inditex Infosys ING INPEX Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Itaú-BBA ITC Jardine Matheson JFE Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) KB Home KBC KDDI Kellogg Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Komatsu Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger Kyocera L'Oreal Larsen & Toubro Linde Group Lloyds Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Lukoil LVMH Manulife Financial Marathon Oil Maroc Telecom MasterCard McDonald's McKesson Medtronic Merck Metlife Metro Group Microsoft Millea Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola MTN MTR Munich Re Naspers Group National Australia Bank National Grid National Oilwell Varco Natixis Newcrest Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nintendo Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Nissan Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NTT Docomo Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Panasonic PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris International PNC Financial Services Posco PotashCorp Praxair Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Prudential plc PTT Public Service Enterprise Group QBE Insurance Raytheon Reckitt Benckiser Reliance Industries Repsol YPF Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Richemont Rio Tinto Roche Rosneft Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Saint-Gobain Samsung Sanofi Santander SAP Sasol Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scottish and Southern Energy Seven & i Shell Shin Shin-Etsu Group Shinhan Bank Siemens Sime Darby Simon Property Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Softbank Sony Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Southwestern Energy Standard Bank Standard Chartered Staples Starbucks State Bank of India State Street Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Hung Kai Properties Sun Life Financial Suncor Surgutneftegas Swiss Re Syngenta Sysco Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman (part of Repsol) Target Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group TC Energy (formerly Transcanada) Teck Resources Telecom Italia Telefónica Telenor TeliaSonera Telstra Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical Texas Instruments ThyssenKrupp Time Warner TJX Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toronto-Dominion Bank Toshiba Total Toyota Transocean Tullow Oil Tyco UBS Unibail UniCredit Bulbank Unilever Union Pacific United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Vale Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Verizon Viacom Vinci Visa Inc. Vivendi Vodafone Volkswagen Wal-Mart de Mexico Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wesfarmers Westfield Westpac Wharf Holdings Wilmar International Wipro Woolworths Group Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM! Zurich
Author: Nathaniel Gronewold, Greenwire blog, on New York Times
A coalition of...investors is demanding oil and gas companies disclose their existing safeguards and plans of action in the event of another offshore rig disaster and possible oil spill like the one experienced by BP PLC and other companies in the Gulf...
- Related stories: Investors demand oil & gas companies to disclose safeguards, action plans for offshore rig disasters & spills
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Group ACE Group AIG Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apache Aspen Insurance BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP Catlin Chevron ConocoPhillips Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Hanover Insurance Hess Corporation Husky Energy Lloyd's of London Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Marathon Oil Munich Re Murphy Oil Nexen OMV Petrobras Repsol YPF Shell Suncor Swiss Re Talisman (part of Repsol) Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Total Travelers Tullow Oil
Author: Business and Human Rights Resource Centre & Realizing Rights
As representatives of over 1000 companies gather this week in New York at the United Nations Global Compact Leaders Summit, Realizing Rights and the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre have published a list of over 270 companies worldwide known...
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance
- Related companies: 02 (Telefonica Ltd) ABB Abbott Laboratories Aberdeen Asset Management ABN Amro adidas Aegon AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) Akzo Nobel Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Allianz Alstom Anglo American ANZ Bank Aramex Arcelor Mittal Arla Foods ArmorGroup (part of G4S) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva Balfour Beatty Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Bayer BBVA BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BMW Boeing Bonnier Group Bouygues BP Brambles British Airways British American Tobacco BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carrefour Casino Cemex Centrica Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chevron Chiquita Chubu Electric Power Cisco Systems Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Codelco Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Compass Group ConocoPhillips Continental AG Control Risks Cosmo Oil Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Danone De Beers (part of Anglo American) Dell Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF EMI Enagás EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ericsson Eroski ExxonMobil FCC Ferrovial Ford Fortis Freeport-McMoRan Friends Provident Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (formerly Fuji Photo Film) Fujitsu G4S Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) GDF Suez (now Engie) General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Goodyear Grupo ACS Gucci (part of Kering) Halliburton HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Hess Corporation Hilton Hitachi Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Iberdrola IKEA Impala Platinum Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Power ISS JFE Johnson Matthey KBC Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kimberly-Clark Kinross Gold Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) L'Oreal Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Lagardère Lego Levi Strauss Linde Group Lloyds Lonmin Lundin Petroleum Man Group Marks & Spencer Marriott Marubeni Mazda McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitchells & Butlers Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola National Grid NEC Neste Oil Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp Nexen Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NYK Line Occidental Petroleum OceanaGold OMV Orano (formerly Areva) Pentland Group PepsiCo Persimmon Petrobras Pfizer Posco Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Rabobank Reckitt Benckiser Reebok (part of adidas) Repsol YPF Rexam Ricoh Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Roche Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Caribbean Cruises Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sanofi Sara Lee Sasol SCA Securitas AB Group Seven & i Sharp Shell Siemens Signet Jewelers Skanska Smiths Group SNS Reaal Société Générale Sodexo Sompo Japan Sony Sprint Stagecoach Group Standard Chartered Starwood Hotels Stora Enso Sumitomo Electric Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Group Sun Microsystems Syngenta Talisman (part of Repsol) Tata Group Taylor Wimpey Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Tesco Timberland (part of VF Corp) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tom's of Maine Tomkins Toshiba Total UBS Unilever United Technologies Vale Vattenfall Verizon Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xerox Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yara Yell Group