BG Group (part of Shell)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
In February 2016, BG Group was acquired by Shell.
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
[PDF] Creating Successful, Sustainable Social Investment - Guidance document for the oil and gas industry
Author: Intl. Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA)
Social investment defined Social investment (SI) programmes are defined here as the voluntary contributions companies make to the communities and broader societies where they operate, with the objective of mutually benefiting external stakeholders,...
Author: Rory Sullivan, Insight Investment [UK]
In 2007, we initiated a project to assess how companies are managing their greenhouse gas emissions...In total, we assessed 125 companies, covering the FTSE100...and large cap European stocks…47 of the 125 companies have stabilised or reduced their...
- Related companies: 3i Alliance & Leicester Allianz Anglo American Antofagasta Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva AXA BAE Systems Barclays BBVA BG Group BHP Billiton BNP Paribas BP British Airways British American Tobacco British Land British Sky Broadcasting BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carnival Centrica Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daily Mail and General Trust Daimler Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Drax E.ON EDF Enel Eni Enterprise Inns France Telecom (now Orange) Friends Provident GlaxoSmithKline Hammerson HBOS (part of Lloyds) Home Retail Group HSBC ICAP ICI Imperial Tobacco ING InterContinental Hotels International Power Invesco ITV Johnson Matthey Kazakhmys Kelda Kingfisher L'Oreal Land Securities Legal & General Lloyds TSB Lonmin Man Group Marks & Spencer Mitchells & Butlers Morrisons National Grid Nestlé Next Nokia Northern Rock Novartis Old Mutual Pearson Persimmon Prudential plc Reckitt Benckiser Reed Elsevier Group Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) Rexam Rio Tinto Roche Rolls-Royce plc Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller Sage Sainsbury Sanofi-Aventis Santander Schroders Scottish and Southern Energy Severn Trent Shell Shire Siemens Smith & Nephew Smiths Group Société Générale Standard Chartered Standard Life Tate & Lyle Telefónica Tesco Total UBS Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit) Unilever United Utilities Vedanta Resources Vodafone Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) Yell Group
Author: Observer [UK]
…In this week's Good Companies Guide, compiled with research from Co-operative Investments, we identify the best 20 firms in the FTSE 350 index, assessed on a range of social, environmental and corporate governance criteria…Best 20 firms in FTSE 350 ...
Author: Mike Scott, Financial Times
According to Goldman Sachs, more than 40 per cent of new legacy assets are in high-risk countries. These present challenges including human rights, bribery and corruption, security and the rights of indigenous people. Shell's travails with militants...
Author: Goldman Sachs
The GS SUSTAIN focus list is aimed at long-term, long only performance, with a low turnover of ideas. It incorporates 21 identified winners from mature industries, which are set to undergo structural change or maintain a leadership position, and 23...
- Related stories: Goldman Sachs launches "GS Sustain" -- list of 44 firms it believes will outperform for environmental/social reasons
- Related companies: Actelion Amylin BG Group BHP Billiton BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British Sky Broadcasting Centrosolar D1 Oils Danone Diageo Elan Eni Ersol Solar Energy FP Corporation Genentech Genmab Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Intercell Kellogg's LKQ Corporation Merck Nestlé Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Ormat Pentair PepsiCo Petrobras Posco Reed Elsevier Group Rio Tinto Roche Shanks Sinomem Solar Millenium Statoil SunPower Suntech Power Sunways Vestas Wind Systems Vivendi Voestalpine WPP
Author: Business for Social Responsibility
The Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPs) Plenary adopted formal participation criteria...[that include] minimum requirements for participation; a dispute resolution process to raise concerns about the performance of a participant;...
- Related stories: Voluntary Principles on Security & Human Rights adopt formal participation criteria
- Related companies: Anglo American BG Group BHP Billiton Chevron ConocoPhillips ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Newmont Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Occidental Petroleum Rio Tinto Shell Statoil
Author: Pete Engardio, BusinessWeek
A remarkable number of CEOs have begun to commit themselves to...sustainability goals..., even in profit-obsessed America.... [Sustainability is] about meeting humanity's needs without harming future generations. It was a favorite cause among economic...
- Related stories: BusinessWeek survey of sustainability & the financial bottom line in major multinational firms: "Beyond the Green Corporation"
- Related companies: ABN Amro Apple BG Group BP Chevron Citigroup Dell Deutsche Bank Dow Chemical Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford General Electric GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC McDonald's Morgan Stanley Nintendo Nokia Petrobras PetroChina Royal Philips Electronics Shell Target UBS Unilever Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Wendy's
Author: Intl. Business Leaders Forum (IBLF)
Crossing Borders, which is supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development's Global Development Alliance (USAID/GDA), was set up a year ago to enable business leaders to see how their operations impact on and interact with the communities...
- Related stories: IBLF "Crossing Borders" report on company leaders' visits to 12 countries to witness community, environmental impacts (companies include Coca-Cola, Marriott, Pentland, Cadbury Schweppes, Manpower, BP)
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Bajaj Auto BG Group BP Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Coca-Cola Hindustan Unilever ICICI ManpowerGroup Marriott Nestlé Pentland Group Perot Systems SABMiller Sambhav Gems Satyam Shree Cement Standard Chartered Tata Group Tetra Laval Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval) Unilever