Headquarters in USA
Blommer Chocolate website: http://www.blommer.com
Côte d'Ivoire & Ghana set a fixed living income differential of $400 per tonne of cocoa to relieve farmer poverty
Author: Africa News
...Ivory Coast and Ghana have stepped up their efforts to reform the industry, imposing a fixed “living income differential” of $400 a tonne on all cocoa contracts sold by either country for the 2020/21 season...The premium...replaces an earlier...
Author: Progressive Grocer
"Ahold Delhaize, Albertsons Cos. and Target Inc. have joined with consumer goods manufacturers and civic groups to form the North American Sustainable Palm Oil Network (NASPON), with the mission of educating, building momentum, and helping North...
Blommer Chocolate Company Joins World Cocoa Foundation's Unprecedented CocoaAction Initiative to Bolster Industry's Global Sustainability Efforts
Author: Blommer Chocolate Company
Blommer Chocolate Company, the largest cocoa processor and ingredient chocolate supplier in North America, today announced its support of CocoaAction, an unprecedented alignment of the industry’s largest cocoa and chocolate companies to build a...
- Related companies: Blommer Chocolate
The Harkin-Engel Protocol, a cocoa industry-wide agreement signed in 2001, was written to put an end to forced child labor in chocolate by 2005. That deadline had to be extended to 2008, and again to 2010. It's now been more than 10 years…CNN asked...
- Related stories: Côte d'Ivoire: CNN reports that child labour remains widespread in cocoa fields despite "Harkin-Engel Protocol"
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Blommer Chocolate Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Ferrero Guittard Hershey Kraft Foods Mars Nestlé World's Finest Chocolate
Author: Global Exchange, Green America, International Labor Rights Forum, Oasis USA
…[H]alfway across the globe, there is a dark side to Hershey. In West Africa, where Hershey sources much of its cocoa, the scene is one of child labor, trafficking, and forced labor... On September 13, 2010, the Hershey Company released its first ever...
- Related stories: World Vision Australia reports that child labour, trafficking persists in cocoa industry, recommends "sustainability levy", ethical certification of supply chains
- Related companies: Ahold Archer Daniels Midland Barry Callebaut Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Blommer Chocolate Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Cargill Ecom Agroindustrial ED&F Man Green & Black's (part of Cadbury) Heinz Kraft Foods Mars Nestlé Olam Starbucks Unilever
Author: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The cocoa project aims to increase farming household incomes through improved farmer knowledge and productivity, better cocoa quality, crop diversification, and improved supply chain efficiencies. The five-year project will reach approximately 200,000...