Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
42 organisations and companies agree on guiding principles for the creation of sustainable batteries by 2030
Author: Modern Diplomacy
"42 Global Organizations Agree on Guiding Principles for Batteries to Power Sustainable Energy Transition", 23 January 2020....
- Related in-depth areas: Climate justice Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources Renewable energy & human rights
- Related companies: Analog Devices Audi (part of Volkswagen) BASF BMW Enel Envision Eurasian Resources Group (ERG) Fairphone Greentech Capital Advisors Honda Johnson Matthey LeasePlan Renault SGS SK Innovation Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM) Umicore Volkswagen Volvo Group
Author: Yoana Cholteeva, Mining Technology
8 Jan 2020...
Author: World Benchmarking Alliance
The Automotive Benchmark measures and ranks the world’s leading auto manufacturers. Will they meet the below 2°C warming limit goal set by the Paris Agreement? Are they doing what’s necessary to move to a low carbon economy?...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP25 climate discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Responsible public policy
- Related companies: BMW Daimler Dongfeng Motor FAW Fiat Chrysler Ford Geely General Motors Honda Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Mazda Mitsubishi Group Nissan PSA Peugeot Citroën Renault Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Suzuki Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Tesla Motors Toyota Volkswagen
Report raises concerns about potential complicity in corruption among companies buying cobalt from DRC
In 2019, Resource Matters published a report alleging that companies producing technology that requires cobalt (such as cell phones, cars, or others with rechargeable batteries) are unable to avoid the potential corruption in the DRC. The report links...
Commentary: Recognising corporate watchdogs as an integral part of ethical outsourcing could help improve current auditing system
Author: Peter Bengtsen, Le Monde diplomatique
"Mica mining, why watchdogs count", April 2019...
Author: Concepcion Alvarez, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Quand les industriels américains se rebellent contre la politique anti-climat de Donald Trump », 17 septembre 2019...
Author: Excelsior (México)
“Empleado de BMW incita a golpear mujeres; la compañía responde”, 20 de agosto de 2019...
- Related companies: BMW
Author: Löning - Human Rights & Responsible Business
Artisanal and small-scale mining (ASM) produce a wide range of materials and fuels various industries. This includes jewellery production as well as the manufacturing of electronic devices, tech- nology and automobiles. However, due to the lack of ...
Author: Claus Hecking, Spiegel Online
'Wirtschaftsminister will Firmen vor Menschenrechtsgesetz schützen', 11. Juli 2019...
- Related stories: NAP-Monitoring: Teilnahmephase für Erhebung 2019 zum 31. Oktober abgeschlossen, Auswertung läuft
- Related companies: BMW Daimler KiK Tchibo
Author: Henry Sanderson, Financial Times
"Congo, child labour and your electric car", 7 July 2019 ...
- Related stories: Amnesty International challenges the electric vehicle industry to produce batteries free of human rights abuses
- Related in-depth areas: Mining
- Related companies: BMW Glencore Huayou Cobalt Kajaran Copper-Molybdenum Plant (part of Zangezour Copper Molybdenum Combine) Trafigura Beheer Umicore