Headquarters in USA
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Author: Winnie Overbeek, World Rainforest Movement (Uruguay)
"Aviação e falsas soluções: A farsa do projeto de REDD "Florestal Santa Maria", no Mato Grosso, Brasil", 14 de junho de 2018O projeto de REDD Florestal Santa María (FSM-REDD) cobre quase 70.000 hectares da Amazônia brasileira e vendeu créditos de...
Author: Gemma Tillack, The Understory
"Demand Action To Stop Guatemala's Palm Oil Driven Human Rights Crisis", 19 May 2016...
Agricultural commodity issues represent fundamental constraints on supply chain security and consumer acceptability in the context of growing demand...Engage the Chain overviews the environmental and social risks and impacts of 8 commonly sourced agri...
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Bunge Campbell Soup Coca-Cola Costco Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dr Pepper Snapple Group General Mills Hershey Hormel International Paper Kellogg Kraft Heinz McDonald's Molson Coors Mondelēz International PepsiCo Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Reckitt Benckiser SJM Starbucks Tyson Walmart Wendy's WestRock YUM!
Bolivia & Brazil: Report and articles claim that Bunge, Burger King, Cargill and ADM are increasing deforestation & impacts on climate change; companies comment
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Bunge, Burger King and Cargill to respond to allegations of lack of transparency and deforestation of lands in Bolivia and Brazil. It also invited Archer Daniels Midland/ADM to respond to allegations...
Author: Bunge (US)
Regarding the Mighty report, it does not provide adequate context…Most land use change is not directly related to the crops Bunge buys. According to Global Forest Watch, soy covers 25% of land cleared since 2011 in the MATOPIBA region, where recent...
- Related stories: Bolivia & Brazil: Report and articles claim that Bunge, Burger King, Cargill and ADM are increasing deforestation & impacts on climate change; companies comment
- This is a response from the following companies: Bunge
Incorporating Children and Adolescents’ Rights in Corporate Management: A Tool Based on Strategic Maps and the Sustainability Balanced Scorecard
Author: Lívia Menezes Pagotto, Leticia Arthuzo, Aron Belinky, Daniela Gomes Pinto, Mario Monzoni (Centre for Sustainability Studies - Fundação Getulio Vargas), Business and Human Rights Journal, Volume 2, Issue 1
...Brazil has seen a boom in large-scale investment projects...due to the Growth Acceleration Program (PAC), a massive federal investment in infrastructure development…Such projects constitute a challenge for local development...children and...