Headquarters in USA
Author: O Youn-hee, Korea Herald
A leading civic group yesterday charged before the prosecution that several fast food franchises, including McDonald's and Burger King, violated the labor law by not paying minors and making them work illegal hours...McDonald's and Burger King...
[PDF] The Changing Landscape of Liability - A Director’s Guide to Trends in Corporate Environmental, Social and Economic Liability
[refers to Phillip Morris (part of Altria), McDonald's, Nestlé, Nike, Unocal, Ford, Shell, Monsanto, ExxonMobil, Dow Chemical, Union Carbide (part of Dow Chemical), Talisman, Walt Disney, Swiss Re, General Motors, General Electric, Texaco (part of...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuits (re Colombia & Ecuador) Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) New SustainAbility report: Management of social & environmental risk requires moving beyond legal requirements, attending to "moral liability" Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Slavery reparations lawsuit (re USA) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Altria Barclays Burger King Cape PLC Chevron Coca-Cola Computer Sciences (CSC) Dow Chemical DynCorp ExxonMobil Ford Fresh Del Monte Produce Gap General Electric General Motors Grupo México KFC (part of YUM!) Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) McDonald's Mitsubishi Group Monsanto (part of Bayer) Nestlé Nike Northern Foods PepsiCo Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Rio Tinto Shell Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Swiss Re Talisman Texaco (part of Chevron) Total Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walt Disney YUM!
A federal judge has ruled against more than 500 Burger King employees who sued a Syracuse-based franchisee [Carrols Corp] over sexual harassment claims...the court evaluated each claim and only 333 would constitute sexual harassment if proven..."We...
- Related companies: Burger King
Author: Janine A. Zeitlin, Naples Daily News [USA]
After nearly four years of coalition demands, Yum! agreed to require its suppliers to pay tomato pickers a penny more a pound...They're asking Burger King, McDonald's and Subway to follow Taco Bell's lead...McDonald's Corp. issued this response to the...
Author: Mike Schneider, Associated Press
...a group of...tomato pickers...led a four-year boycott against [Taco Bell (part of YUM!)] until it agreed in March to pay a penny more per pound for Florida tomatoes and adopt a code of conduct that would allow Taco Bell to sever ties to suppliers...
Author: Wes Smith, Orlando Sentinel [USA]
...migrant workers who harvest fruit and produce each year in Florida and across the nation...won what many consider a big victory...[when] their nearly four-year boycott of Taco Bell [part of Yum!] ended with one of the nation's largest fast-food...
Author: Robert Selna, Reuters
California Attorney General Bill Lockyer has filed a lawsuit to force top makers of potato chips and french fries to warn consumers about a potential cancer-causing chemical found in the popular snacks...Lockyer sought an injunction to stop restaurant...
- Related stories: California Attorney General files lawsuit to force firms to warn about cancer risk in chips & fries: McDonald's, Wendy's, Frito-Lay, Procter & Gamble, Burger King, KFC, Kettle Foods, Cape Cod Potato Chips, Ore-Ida
- Related companies: Burger King Cape Cod Potato Chip (part of Lance) Frito-Lay (part of PepsiCo) Heinz Kettle Foods (part of Lion Capital) KFC (part of YUM!) Lance McDonald's Ore-Ida (part of Heinz) PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Wendy's YUM!