Headquarters in China
China's biggest cobalt producer agrees to stop buying from individuals in DRC due to concerns over child labour
Author: Miningmx, Financial Times
“China’s largest cobalt producer agrees to halt buying from individuals in DRC”, 28 May 2020...
China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces; Includes company responses
In March 2020, the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) published a report Uyghurs for sale: ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang, which identified 83 foreign and Chinese companies as allegedly directly or indirectly...
Author: Australian Strategic Policy Institute
[The Australian Strategic Policy Institute published a report entitled "Uyghurs for sale - ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang" in February 2020.]...
- Related stories: China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Acer adidas Alstom Amazon.com Apple Asus BMW Bombardier Bosch BYD Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carter's Changan Cisco Systems CRRC Dell Electrolux Fila Gap Geely General Electric General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Haier Hisense Co. Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HTC Huawei Technologies L.L.Bean Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Land Rover (part of Tata Group) Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Li Ning Marks & Spencer Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft Mitsubishi Group Nike Nintendo Nokia North Face (part of VF Corp) Oppo Electronics Panasonic Polo Ralph Lauren Puma Samsung Sharp Siemens Skechers Sony TDK Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Toshiba Tsinghua Tongfang Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Volkswagen Xiaomi Zara (part of Inditex) ZTE
Author: China Dialogue
“Chinese rail, roads and buses arrive in Colombia”, 8th January 2020...
- Related stories: Colombia: Chinese companies dominate the transport sector in 2020 projections
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: BYD China Communications Construction Company Limited (CCCC) China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) Continental Gold Zijin
Author: Bradley Berman, INSIDEEVs
"Electric Car Drivers Should Boycott Batteries Produced by Child Labor", 22 March 2019....
Author: Jonas Gerding, Edison
Keine Kinderarbeit, das lässt sich bei den verzweigten Lieferketten der Autobauer kaum garantieren. BMW versucht es mit Projekten vor Ort und Zertifikaten... [D]ie Kampagnen von Organisationen wie Amnesty International [bewegen] große Automobilkonzerne...