Headquarters in Germany
[DOC] [Dutch Roundtable on Business and Human Rights submission to UN consultation on business & human rights]
Author: Kees van Tilburg, Chairman of Dutch Roundtable on Business and Human Rights
The Round Table is a forum where both Dutch multinationals as well as the Dutch Section of Amnesty International are represented...Companies represented now in the Round Table are: ABN AMRO Bank, Akzo Nobel, C&A Nederland, Heineken International,...
Author: Ingeborg Wick, SÜDWIND Institut für Ökonomie und Ökumene [Germany]
Most of the workers in [export processing zones]…are women. Their labour conditions are scandalous: extremely low wages, long working hours, sex discrimination and union repression. As the results of recent research from China, Indonesia and Sri Lanka...
Author: Europa Press
Las mujeres que trabajan en las zonas económicas especiales (ZEE) del sureste asiático, zonas francas en las que operan numerosas multinacionales textiles occidentales, sufren condiciones laborales "escandalosas", según el último informe elaborado por...
[PDF] full report: "Looking for a quick fix - How weak social auditing is keeping workers in sweatshops"
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
[refers to Wal-Mart, KarstadtQuelle, Otto Versand, Littlewoods, Gap, Nike, Levi Strauss, Reebok, C&A, Kingel, Derma Group, Spiegel, JC Penny, Hennes & Mauritz (H&M), BCL, Saki, RCC, Warner Bros (part of Time Warner), Hatland, 6ixty8ight,...
- Related stories: Clean Clothes Campaign report highlights serious problems with social auditing practices - report draws on input of 670 workers in 8 countries
- Related companies: C&A Debenhams Gap H&M J.C. Penney KarstadtQuelle Levi Strauss Littlewoods Nike PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Reebok (part of adidas) Sears Time Warner Walmart Walt Disney Warner Bros. (part of Time Warner)
Author: Amnesty Intl. Netherlands
In producing this series Amnesty International has collaborated and consulted with companies that participate in the section’s Round Table...The Members of the Round Table: ABN Amro, Ahold, Akzo Nobel, Boskalis Westminster, C&A, DSM, Heineken, ING...
- Related stories: Amnesty Intl. Netherlands launches report on business & forced labour, produced in consultation with 15 multinationals
- Related in-depth areas: Case examples
- Related companies: ABN Amro Ahold Akzo Nobel C&A DSM Heineken ING Rabobank Royal Boskalis Westminster Royal Numico Royal Philips Electronics Royal Vendex KBB Sara Lee Shell Unilever
Author: Environmental Justice Foundation
EJF is pleased to report that apparel retailer C&A, which is one of Europe's largest clothing retailers..., has made a public statement on it's position on Uzbek cotton. C&A state that "for all C&A suppliers the C&A Code of Conduct is...
Socially conscious shareholders, pension funds and human rights advocates have joined together to demand that the government of Uzbekistan stop using forced child labor in its cotton harvest... U.S. and international shareholders with combined assets...