Headquarters in Germany
Author: UN Global Compact
An estimated 2 million children between the ages of 11-17 harvest cotton in Uzbekistan under conditions described as forced labour...The Responsible Cotton Network has sought to influence policymakers in Uzbekistan through diplomatic channels in order...
- Related in-depth areas: Case examples Key initiatives Key initiatives & reports Positive initiatives on children's rights
- Related companies: American Eagle Outfitters Bed Bath & Beyond C&A Gap J.C. Penney Jones Group Kohl's Krenholm (part of Boras Wäfveri) Levi Strauss Limited Brands Macy's Marimekko Nike Nordstrom North Face (part of VF Corp) Patagonia Target Tesco Timberland (part of VF Corp) TJX Walmart Walt Disney
The Uzbek authorities, fearing the global boycott of Uzbek cotton, are taking measures to reap a new cotton harvest without child labour, but will they manage it fully?...A human rights activist...said that schoolchildren and students are continuing...
Socially conscious shareholders, pension funds and human rights advocates have joined together to demand that the government of Uzbekistan stop using forced child labor in its cotton harvest... U.S. and international shareholders with combined assets...
Author: Environmental Justice Foundation
EJF is pleased to report that apparel retailer C&A, which is one of Europe's largest clothing retailers..., has made a public statement on it's position on Uzbek cotton. C&A state that "for all C&A suppliers the C&A Code of Conduct is...
Author: Amnesty Intl. Netherlands
In producing this series Amnesty International has collaborated and consulted with companies that participate in the section’s Round Table...The Members of the Round Table: ABN Amro, Ahold, Akzo Nobel, Boskalis Westminster, C&A, DSM, Heineken, ING....
- Related stories: Amnesty Intl. Netherlands launches report on business & forced labour, produced in consultation with 15 multinationals
- Related in-depth areas: Case examples
- Related companies: ABN Amro Ahold Delhaize Akzo Nobel Boskalis C&A DSM Heineken ING Rabobank Royal Numico Royal Philips Electronics Royal Vendex KBB Sara Lee Shell Unilever
[PDF] full report: "Looking for a quick fix - How weak social auditing is keeping workers in sweatshops"
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
[refers to Wal-Mart, KarstadtQuelle, Otto Versand, Littlewoods, Gap, Nike, Levi Strauss, Reebok, C&A, Kingel, Derma Group, Spiegel, JC Penny, Hennes & Mauritz (H&M), BCL, Saki, RCC, Warner Bros (part of Time Warner), Hatland, 6ixty8ight, No...
- Related stories: Clean Clothes Campaign report highlights serious problems with social auditing practices - report draws on input of 670 workers in 8 countries
- Related companies: C&A Debenhams Gap H&M J.C. Penney KarstadtQuelle Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Levi Strauss Littlewoods Nike Reebok (part of adidas) Sears Time Warner Walmart Walt Disney Warner Bros. (part of Time Warner)
Author: Europa Press
Las mujeres que trabajan en las zonas económicas especiales (ZEE) del sureste asiático, zonas francas en las que operan numerosas multinacionales textiles occidentales, sufren condiciones laborales "escandalosas", según el último informe elaborado por...