Related stories and components
Russia: New measures tightening control over internet infrastructure, online content & privacy of communications will severely undermine human rights, says HRW
Author: Human Rights Watch (USA)
Russia: Growing Internet Isolation, Control, Censorship, 18 June 2020 ...
Author: Digital Report
Note: This is an unofficial summary translation by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, the original article is available in Russian here....
- Related stories: Belarus: A1 customers request compensation for shutting down Internet during opposition protests; incl. company response
- Related companies: A1 Telekom Austria
Kyrgyzstan: New internet bill would give authorities power to restrict access to websites, oblige internet providers to store data on customers
Author: Ayzirek Imanaliyeva, Eurasianet (USA)
Kyrgyzstan: Plagiarized internet gagging bill getting easy ride through parliament, 20 June 2020...
China: Apple reportedly removes two podcast apps from Chinese app store following censorship demands
Author: Guardian (UK)
“Apple removes two podcast apps from China store after censorship demands”, 12 June 2020...
Author: South China Morning Post (Hong Kong)
“Twitter removes 23,750 China-linked accounts for spreading disinformation”, 12 June 2020...
Author: The Guardian (UK)
“Zoom admits cutting off activists' accounts in obedience to China”, 12 June 2020...
Author: Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (Czechia)
Russia's Media Regulator Asks Google To Block Article Questioning Coronavirus Death Toll, 15 May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Surveillance, censorship & privacy
- Related companies: Google (part of Alphabet)
Telia Company shares Covid-19-related data requests received & its response as part of commitment to transparency, privacy & freedom of expression
Author: Telia Company
"Freedom of expression and the right to privacy in times of COVID-19 - information on unconventional requests (March-April 2020)"...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Telia