Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Centrica website: http://www.centrica.co.uk
British Gas split in 1997 into Centrica, which is primarily a gas utility operating in the UK, and BG Group, which "is principally engaged in the development, management and supply of...gas markets around the world", according to this website: www.bgplc.com. The company now known as British Gas is part of Centrica.
Author: Saeed Shah, Independent [UK]
Climate Change Capital, the specialist bank, has raised by far the largest private sector fund dedicated to investment in clean energy and reducing greenhouse gas emissions, with Centrica and two...pension funds [ABP & PGM] among the investors…...
- Related stories: UK: Largest private sector fund for clean energy and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions established - Centrica among main investors
- Related companies: Centrica
Author: Europa Press
El grupo de banca...Climate Change Capital (CCC), anunció hoy el lanzamiento del C4F2, el mayor fondo privado de carbono del mundo con un capital de 830 millones de dólares...El fondo tiene la capacidad de invertir en proyectos y campañas que...
The report...ranks the UK's six largest power companies according to their performance on greenhouse gas emissions, energy efficiency and renewable energy. Of the six big power companies...Scottish Power is doing the most and EDF Energy the least to...
Author: Innovest Strategic Value Advisors
- Related companies: Centrica
Author: Steven Morris & Terry Macalister, Guardian [UK]
...the chief concerns currently centre on Milford Haven in Wales, where BG, ExxonMobil and others are constructing two LNG plants which within a few years could provide up to a quarter of Britain's gas supply. Critics claim that no full, open safety...
Author: Corporate Knights & Innovest Strategic Value Advisors
[List: ABB, ABN Amro, Adidas Salomon, Aeon, Agilent Technologies, Alcan, Alcoa, Alliance Unichem, ARCELOR, Atlas Copco, Aviva, BAA (British Airports Authority), Bank Of America., BASF, Baxter International, Boots, BP, British Airways, British Land,...
- Related stories: Innovest & Corporate Knights name global 100 most sustainable companies
- Related companies: ABB ABN Amro adidas AEON Agilent Technologies Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcoa Alliance Unichem (now Alliance Boots) Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal) Atlas Copco Aviva Bank of America BASF Baxter International Boots (now Alliance Boots) BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British Airports Authority (BAA) British Airways British Land British Sky Broadcasting BT Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Canon Centrica Coca-Cola Danone Denso Deutsche Telekom Dexia Diageo Eastman Kodak Enbridge Ericsson FPL Group Fresenius Medical Care Gamesa General Electric GlaxoSmithKline GUS H&M HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Holmen HP (Hewlett-Packard) Iberdrola ING Insurance Australia Group Intel Johnson & Johnson Kesko Kuraray Lafarge Land Securities Marks & Spencer Masco Matsushita (now Panasonic) Mitchells & Butlers Nike Nikko Cordial Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NTT Docomo Pearson PepsiCo Pinnacle West Capital Reed Elsevier Group Ricoh Royal Bank of Canada Royal Philips Electronics ST Microelectronics Sun Life Financial Toyota TransAlta Unilever United Technologies UPS Vestas Wind Systems Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Xerox