Norway: Govt. pension fund drops 10 firms due to links to coal, engages with textile sector on protection of refugee workers in Turkey
Author: Gwladys Fouche, Reuters
"Norway's $900 billion fund drops 10 more firms with links to coal", 7 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Norway: Govt. pension fund drops 10 firms due to links to coal
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: CEZ Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM)
Author: Novinite (Bulgaria)
About 300 employees of power distributor CEZ and the Varna Thermal Power Station (TPS) are to march in Bulgaria's capital Sofia…They are demanding that the state intervene to prevent a closedown of the power plant from January 1, 2015 and layoffs at...
- Related companies: CEZ
…Russia's moves in Ukraine…sparked splits among Czech officials on Moscow's bid for a multi-billion-dollar contract to expand a Czech nuclear plant. Speaking after Russian troops poured into Ukraine's Black Sea peninsula of Crimea in violation of...
[PDF] Use of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) in Sustainability Reporting by European Electricity Companies
Author: Tim Steinweg & Joseph Wilde-Ramsing, SOMO
This is the first known study that takes a detailed look at the use of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Framework...We were not prepared for the overwhelming number of discrepancies in company reporting and the GRI Application Level they use...The...
Author: Prague Daily Monitor
A Czech state attorney has charged 13 members of the former "commando" of the CEZ power company who are suspected of the use of coarse methods in exacting debts for illegal power consumption…The accusations included blackmail and unauthorised entry on...
Ministry dismisses criticism of impact study for new blocks at Temelín nuclear plant [Czech Republic]
Author: Jan Richter, Radio Praha
The Czech Environment Ministry dismissed...criticism voiced by a number of Czech NGOs over an environmental impact report for the construction of two new blocks at the Temelín nuclear power plant in southern Bohemia...[S]everal Czech NGOs including the...
- Related companies: CEZ
Author: PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Carbon Disclosure Project
In 2010, the CDP asked the world’s 500 largest public companies in the FTSE Global Equity Index Series...to demonstrate that they are taking action on climate change. This report, prepared by CDP’s global adviser, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), analyzes...
- Related stories: Report says carbon management becoming a "strategic business priority" - says Siemens, Deutsche Post, BASF, Bayer, Samsung top 5 firms for carbon disclosure
- Related companies: 3M A.P. Moller - Maersk Group ABB Abbott Laboratories Abertis Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems AFLAC Ahold Delhaize Air Liquide Air Products Akzo Nobel Allergan Allianz Allstate Alstom Amazon.com AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) América Movil American Electric Power American Express Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Anheuser-Busch InBev Apache Apple Applied Materials Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T Atlantia Aviva AXA BAE Systems Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Barclays Barrick Gold Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beiersdorf Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BG Group (part of Shell) Bharti Airtel BHP Billiton BMW BNP Paribas BOC Group (part of Linde) Boeing Bouygues BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco British Sky Broadcasting BT Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) BYD Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Caisse d'Epargne Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canadian Natural Resources Canon Capital One Carnival Carrefour Caterpillar Cathay Pacific Central Japan Railway Centrica CEZ Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Cheung Kong Chevron China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Mobile China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Telecom China Unicom Chubb Group Chubu Electric Power Chunghwa Telecom Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) CNP Assurances Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commonwealth Bank ConocoPhillips Corning Costco Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) CSX CVS Daimler Danaher Danone Danske Bank DBS Bank Dell Denso Deutsche Bank Deutsche Boerse Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Devon Energy Diageo DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy E.ON East Japan Railway eBay Ecopetrol EDF Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Eni Entergy EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ericsson Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Exelon Express Scripts ExxonMobil FedEx Fiat (part of Fiat Chrysler) Ford Fortum France Telecom (now Orange) Franklin Templeton Freeport-McMoRan Fresenius Medical Care Gap Gazprom GDF Suez (now Engie) General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Groupe Banque Populaire Grupo ACS H&M Halliburton Hang Seng Bank Heineken Henderson Land Hess Corporation Home Depot Hon Hai Honda Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Husky Energy Hutchison Whampoa Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group Iberdrola IBM ICICI ICL Plastics Illinois Tool Works Imperial Oil Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation Inditex Infosys ING INPEX Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Itaú-BBA ITC Jardine Matheson JFE Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) KB Home KBC KDDI Kellogg Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Komatsu Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger Kyocera L'Oreal Larsen & Toubro Linde Group Lloyds Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Lukoil LVMH Manulife Financial Marathon Oil Maroc Telecom MasterCard McDonald's McKesson Medtronic Merck Metlife Metro Group Microsoft Millea Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola MTN MTR Munich Re Naspers Group National Australia Bank National Grid National Oilwell Varco Natixis Newcrest Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nintendo Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Nissan Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NTT Docomo Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Panasonic PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris International PNC Financial Services Posco PotashCorp Praxair Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Prudential plc PTT Public Service Enterprise Group QBE Insurance Raytheon Reckitt Benckiser Reliance Industries Repsol YPF Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Richemont Rio Tinto Roche Rosneft Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Saint-Gobain Samsung Sanofi Santander SAP Sasol Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scottish and Southern Energy Seven & i Shell Shin Shin-Etsu Group Shinhan Bank Siemens Sime Darby Simon Property Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Softbank Sony Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Southwestern Energy Standard Bank Standard Chartered Staples Starbucks State Bank of India State Street Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Hung Kai Properties Sun Life Financial Suncor Surgutneftegas Swiss Re Syngenta Sysco Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman (part of Repsol) Target Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group TC Energy (formerly Transcanada) Teck Resources Telecom Italia Telefónica Telenor TeliaSonera Telstra Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical Texas Instruments ThyssenKrupp Time Warner TJX Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toronto-Dominion Bank Toshiba Total Toyota Transocean Tullow Oil Tyco UBS Unibail UniCredit Bulbank Unilever Union Pacific United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Vale Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Verizon Viacom Vinci Visa Inc. Vivendi Vodafone Volkswagen Wal-Mart de Mexico Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wesfarmers Westfield Westpac Wharf Holdings Wilmar International Wipro Woolworths Group Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM! Zurich
Author: Thijs Kerckhoffs & Joseph Wilde-Ramsing, SOMO
Over the past decade, transnational corporations (TNCs) operating in the energy sector have become increasingly active across borders in multiple European countries…The study examines the CSR policies of the 24 largest transnational energy companies in...
Author: Rachel Morris, for Climate Desk Collaboration, on Slate.com
The Federated States of Micronesia, some 8,000 miles away in the Pacific Ocean, has lodged a legal challenge to the [Cez Group's] Prunéřov plant [in the Czech Republic] on the grounds that its chronic pollution threatens the island nation's existence.....