China Merchants Bank
Headquarters in China
China Merchants Group is a major shareholder of China Merchants Bank.
USA: Ex-employee's lawsuit against China Merchants Bank alleges racial discrimination in its lending practices
Author: Chris Dolmetsch, Bloomberg (USA)
"China Merchants Bank Faces Suit Over Racial Discrimination", 8 May 2018...
Report: "Going out, but going green?" Assessing the Implementation of China's Green Credit Guidelines overseas
Author: Friends of Earth & BankTrack
This study presents seven case studies of Chinese bank financing for overseas investments: China Development Bank’s financing of the Stanari coal project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Golden Veroleum palm oil plantation in Liberia and APP in...
- Related stories: "Going Out, But Going Green? Assessing the Implementation of China's Green Credit Guidelines overseas"
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese Investment Overseas
- Related companies: Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Bank of China China Construction Bank China Development Bank China Merchants Bank China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Railway Construction Dongfang Electric Petroecuador Sinar Mas Group Sinohydro Sinopec Tongling Nonferrous Metals
Author: Poland Li, CSR Asia
In China, SRI [socially responsible investment] is still in an embryonic stage, but with the rapid development of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), and the positive experience of overseas markets, SRI is gradually increasing in China too. Time...
Response by China Merchants Bank: NGOs' report rates banks on environmental responsibility in lending.
- Related in-depth areas: Environmental record of Chinese banks & company responses - August 2011
- This is a response from the following companies: China Merchants Bank
Author: Stephen Marks, Co-ordinator of the Fahamu China in Africa project, Pambazuka News [UK]
Is China smartening up its environmental and social act in Africa? It certainly wants to be seen as doing just that. One telling example was the recent Chinese government-sponsored ‘top Chinese enterprises in Africa’ competition, won by China Road and...
Author: Xinhuanet [China]
[Original article in Chinese. Title translation, and following summary of the article's key points, provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre.]...
U.S. firms Merck Sharp and Dohme (MSD) [part of Merck] and UPS China were given the Secretary of State's Award for Corporate Excellence on Tuesday...Clark T. Randt, U.S. Ambassador to China [said that] MSD China has been...helping the government to...