Chinese investment overseas
Welcome to our information platform on the social and environmental impacts of Chinese companies operating overseas. It aims to: raise awareness of existing guidelines; increase transparency; and strengthen accountability. It is within the broader context of our work encouraing companies headquartered in all regions to respect human rights. More about the platform.
The following in-depth areas are available in other languages:
Related stories and components
Author: Juan Auz, Open Global Rights (UK)
"Legal empowerment allows indigenous Ecuadoreans to fight multinationals", 05 Jul 2018...
Kenya: Govt. agency probes allegations of racism against China Road & Bridge Corporation against local staff
Kenya Railways has given China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC), the Chinese operator of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR), 72 hours to respond to claims of mistreatment of local staff. The directive follows media reports of mistreatment of local sta...
Russia: Residents of 5 villages in Ulyanovskaya protest against construction of cement factory by Chinese company Anhui Conch Cement over environmental concerns; company responds
In Ulyanovsk, the opponents of the construction of a Chinese cement factory belonging to the Anhui Conch Company intend to conduct a protest on 6 October 2017. ...
“Minería provoca graves enfrentamiento entre indígenas Shuar” - 2 de julio de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Latest news on natural resources Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
- Related companies: China Railway Construction Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals & China Railway Construction Corporation) Explorcobres, EXSA (part of Corriente Resources) Tongling Nonferrous Metals (SOE)
Author: Red Muqui
“Alto Comisionado de ONU recomienda al Perú adoptar medidas para la protección a defensores de derechos” – 3 de julio de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
- Related companies: China Minmetals Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals)
Hong Kong: Imperial Pacific sues Bloomberg & its reporters over articles critical of its Saipan casino-resort construction & operations
"Imperial Pacific sues Bloomberg, 2 reporters", 11 June 2018...
Author: Matthew Campbell & K Oanh Ha, Bloomberg (USA)
"Saipan Casino Operator Raided by U.S. Agents", 15 Mar 2018...
Ecuador: NGOs express concerns to Chinese Government over attacks against indigenous leaders allegedly by Ecuagoldmining
Author: Amazon Watch
“Worldwide Solidarity with Indigenous Leaders Threatened by Chinese Mining Project in Ecuador” – June 21, 2018...
- Related stories: Ecuador: Indigenous leaders opposing Junefield’s EcuaGold mining project attacked; saying operation is unconstitutional, Court orders to suspend project
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on natural resources
- Related companies: Junefield Mineral Resources Holdings Limited