USA: New York City files $1 million lawsuit against Chipotle for violating 'nearly every aspect' of Fair Workweek law
Author: Rebecca Klar, The Hill
"New York City sues Chipotle, alleging 'Fair Workweek' violations", 10 September 2019...
- Related companies: Chipotle
Author: Sophie Rolland, Les Echos (France)
Pour investir dans les entreprises les plus respectueuses de l'environnement, les grands fonds de pension, gestionnaires d'actifs, ou assureurs ont besoin de données fiables et comparables. Le sujet n'est pas nouveau. Depuis 2003, une organisation non...
- Related stories: Les entreprises admettent que les changements climatiques vont avoir un effet négatif sur leurs affaires, mais certaines manquent de transparence sur leur propre impact, selon le dernier rapport de CDP
- Related companies: Alibaba.com Amazon.com BP Carrefour Chevron Chipotle Dior (part of LVMH) EDF Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Esso (part of ExxonMobil) ExxonMobil Groupe BPCE Hermès Leclerc LVMH Pernod Ricard Qantas Airways Renault Suez Thales Unilever Volvo Group
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Lawyer Herald (USA)
“Chipotle manager sued by former employees for sexual discrimination”, 27 Jan 2016...
"What makes the Fair Food Program unique?": Video interview with Gerardo Reyes from Coalition of Immokalee Workers
The Fair Food Programme grew out of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers to tackle abusive working conditions in the Florida tomato industry, where forced labour and sexual harrasment were commonplace. The program is based around agreements with...
USA: Fair Food Program report highlights progress in improving working conditions at tomato farms in Florida
Author: Fair Food Standards Council
"Fair Food Program: 2014 Annual Report", Nov 2014...
USA: Chipotle sued over alleged non-payment of regular & overtime wages in breach of Fair Labor Standards Act
Author: Heather Draper, Denver Business Journal (USA)
"Suit accuses Chipotle of fair labor law violations", 23 Oct 2014...
USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights
The Coalition of Immokalee Workers and its allies have long urged companies that source from Florida tomato farms to sign the Fair Food agreement, which gives workers greater protections against forced labour and other abuses, and guarantees them a...
Author: Bernice Yeung, Centre for Investigative Reporting (USA)
One of the most effective programs to curb sexual harassment and assault in the agriculture fields expands today with the inking of a national contract with Wal-Mart…Under the Fair Food Program, restaurant chains and grocery stores agree to pay a...
- Related stories: USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights USA: Walmart joins Fair Food Program fighting sexual harassment in farms through code of conduct & external audits
- Related companies: Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Chipotle McDonald's Publix Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Trader Joe's (part of Aldi Nord) Walmart YUM!
[video] Coalition of Immokalee Workers Targets Wendy’s in Fair Food Campaign to Improve Wages, Conditions [USA]
Author: interview with Gerardo Reyes-Chávez of Coalition of Immokalee Workers, on Democracy Now!
Hundreds of farm workers and their supporters are in New York City ahead of Wendy’s shareholder meeting to demand improved working conditions for those who pick its tomatoes. The fast-food giant...is the latest target in the Fair Food Campaign...
- Related stories: USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights USA: NGO urges Wendy's to join Fair Food Agreement to improve working conditions for tomato pickers in its supply chain - with video interview
- Related companies: Chipotle McDonald's Subway Taco Bell (part of YUM!) YUM!