Civil society united on next steps for IGWG on TNCs
Author: Treaty Alliance, Global Campaign to Reclaim Peoples Sovereignty, Dismantle Corporate Power and Stop Impunity & Trade Unions, Published on: 19 October 2018
Civil society members of the Treaty Alliance, The Global Campaign to Reclaim Peoples Sovereignty, Dismantle Corporate Power and Stop Impunity, and Trade Unions proposal for the Conclusions and Recommendations of the Report of the 4th session of the OEIGWG...
- An explicit commitment to continue with the 5th OEIGWG session, and as many subsequent sessions of the OEIGWG as are needed to elaborate an ambitious legally binding instrument;
- Informal intersessional consultations, guaranteeing meaningful civil society participation;
- National consultations, guaranteeing civil society participation;
- Publication of a strengthened Draft One based on inputs and comments made on the Zero Draft and during the previous sessions, including the critical inputs made by civil society and affected communities throughout the process;
- A reasonable timeline for additional written submissions by states and civil society on the zero draft...