Headquarters in United Kingdom
Co-operative Group website: http://www.co-op.co.uk
Author: Co-operative Financial Services
- Related stories: Co-operative Financial Services, a leader in sustainability reporting, issues annual Sustainability Report - a "warts and all" assessment of its ethical & environmental performance
- Related companies: Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group
Author: Financial Express [Bangladesh]
The government is committed to expanding the brief of the newly formed National Forum on Social Compliance - a body entrusted with improving working conditions in the textiles and garments industry - to include not only government and textile and...
Author: Matthew Beard, Independent [UK]
The fair trade movement has been brewing since the late 1980s...[UK] consumers are increasingly prepared to pay a premium for a product to ensure farmers in the developing world are guaranteed a stable income...[refers to Co-op, Tesco, Waitrose (part...
Author: Burma Campaign UK
[refers to Total, PTT, Unocal, Myanmar Oil and Gas Enterprise (MOGE), & includes "Investors perspective" by Co-operative Financial Services]
- Related stories: Campaign supported by 40 organisations calls on Total to quit Burma
- Related companies: Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Co-operative Insurance Society (part of Co-operative Group) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) PTT Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
Transnational clothing companies, such as Wal-Mart, Next, and NIKE, source goods from Sri Lanka and Indonesia. Some might have been considering shifting their production from tsunami-affected countries to their cheaper competitors, such as China. Any...
Author: Jem Bendell, Mark Bendell, Kate Kearins, Kate Ives & Wayne Visser,
Particular issues under the spotlight included activism, climate change, human rights, corruption, globalisation, standardization, sustainability reporting and taxation. [refers to Caterpillar, Minera Escondida (part of BHP Billiton), AMP Group, Co...
- Related stories: 4th Annual Review of Corporate Responsibility argues selling & marketing to poor consumers may not help reduce poverty or address basic needs
- Related companies: ABB Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) AMP Group AOL Barclays BHP Billiton Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Bristol-Myers Squibb British Sky Broadcasting BT Caterpillar Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak Energie Baden-Wuerttemberg (EnBW) ExxonMobil General Electric Grameen Bank Guardian Media HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM ITV Johnson & Johnson MTV (part of Viacom) MTV Networks Europe (part of Viacom) National Grid Norske Skog NorskeCanada (part of Norske Skog) Novartis Pearson Pfizer Reed Elsevier Group Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) Royal Philips Electronics Shell Sony Toyota Trinity Mirror Unilever Union Carbide (part of Dow)
Author: Global Corporate Citizenship Initiative (World Economic Forum), in co-operation with AccountAbility
[refers to CalPERS, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, Anglo American, Citigroup, Standard & Poor's (part of McGraw Hill), Accenture, Deutsche Bank, ABN AMRO, Novo Nordisk, Prudential Plc, UBS, Schroders, BT, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Morgan Stanley,...
- Related stories: Report by World Economic Forum, AccountAbility investigates why mainstream financial community has not yet embraced social investment
- Related companies: ABB ABN Amro Accenture Anglo American AXA Barclays BT Citigroup Clifford Chance Co-operative Group Co-operative Insurance Society (part of Co-operative Group) Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Lehman Brothers McDonald's McGraw-Hill Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Morgan Stanley Natura Nomura Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Prudential plc Sasol Schroders Siemens Standard & Poor's (part of McGraw Hill) Standard Life Storebrand Swiss Re UBS Walmart