Headquarters in United Kingdom
Co-operative Group website: http://www.co-op.co.uk
[PDF] full report: "Tomorrow’s Value - The Global Reporters 2006 Survey of Corporate Sustainability Reporting"
Author: SustainAbility, UNEP
[Top 50 reports: BT, Co-operative Financial Services, BP, Anglo Platinum, Rabobank, Unilever, MTR, Vodafone, Shell Group, Nike, Novo Nordisk, ABN AMRO Real, BHP Billiton, Philips, ABN AMRO, HP, Anglo American, GlaxoSmithKline, Rio Tinto, Westpac...
- Related stories: SustainAbility's bi-annual survey of corporate social & environmental reporting - top 5 are BT, Co-Operative Financial Services, BP, Anglo Platinum, Rabobank
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) BBVA BHP Billiton BP British Airports Authority (BAA) British American Tobacco Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Daiwa Securities DSM Enel Ford Fuji Photo Film Gap General Electric GlaxoSmithKline Henkel HP (Hewlett-Packard) KarstadtQuelle Kesko Lafarge Migros MTR Natura Nedbank Nike Nissan Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PotashCorp Rabobank Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) Shell Sony Suez Telus Unilever VanCity Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Vodafone Walmart Westpac
Since 2005, BankTrack members are campaigning on private banks and their direct or indirect relation to Human Rights violations...Banks have the potential to impact upon...rights – both positively and negatively – in a multiplicity of ways. For...
Author: David Bowen, website effectiveness consultant for Bowen Craggs & Co, in Financial Times
The web is even more important than newsreaders in the area of social responsibility. Whether a company is trying to provide data on waste, to explain how friendly it is to the community, or to lay out its policy on child labour, it cannot do so in...
Author: Clear Profit
The Co-operative Bank, a UK ethical bank, this month revealed it had joined those refusing to buy bonds issued by the World Bank's commercial arm, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), until it shows greater commitment to sustainable energy....
Author: Christian Aid, Friends of the Earth UK, Bretton Woods Project
Leading development and environment NGOs, including Christian Aid and Friends of the Earth, have today welcomed the commitment by The Co-operative Bank [part of Co-operative Group] to hold no investments in the World Bank's private sector arm, the...
Even many of the world’s acknowledged ‘CR [Corporate Responsibility] leaders’ do not appear to view tax as a CR issue. Soon after receiving the UK’s Business in the Community ‘company of the year’ award in 2005, BHP Billiton received a tax, interest...
- Related stories: SustainAbility says business "unprepared" for pressure for more transparent tax practices - as an important part of their "social contract"
- Related companies: Anglo American AstraZeneca Barrick Gold BBVA BP Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group GlaxoSmithKline Kesko Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) PotashCorp Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Starbucks Statoil Unilever Vodafone
Author: Ethical Trading Initiative
On the second anniversary (Sunday 5 February 2006) of the death of 23 cockle pickers at...
Author: Ethical Trading Initiative
The ETI [Ethical Trading Initiative] Training Programme is specifically designed to assist staff within retailing and supplier companies who are responsible for implementing codes of practice that cover supply chain labour conditions. However, it will...
Leading Institutional Investors and Development Agencies Launch The Global Commercial Microfinance Consortium; Landmark Global Collaborative $75 Million Fund for Micro-Entrepreneurs
Author: AXA, Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch, Munich Re, Storebrand Life Insurance, US Agency for Intl. Development
A group of leading institutional investors and development agencies today announced the successful arrangement of the Global Commercial Microfinance Consortium, a ground-breaking $75 million multi-tiered commercial fund that will provide local...
- Related stories: Development agencies & investors launch global US$75 million fund for micro-entrepreneurs: consortium includes Deutsche Bank, Axa, Hewlett-Packard, Merrill Lynch, Munich Re, Standard Life, CNP Assurances, Co-operative Bank, Calvert, Storebrand
- Related companies: AXA CNP Assurances Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Deutsche Bank HP (Hewlett-Packard) Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Munich Re Standard Life