Headquarters in United Kingdom
Co-operative Group website: http://www.co-op.co.uk
Author: Ethical Trading Initiative
The ETI [Ethical Trading Initiative] Training Programme is specifically designed to assist staff within retailing and supplier companies who are responsible for implementing codes of practice that cover supply chain labour conditions. However, it will...
Leading Institutional Investors and Development Agencies Launch The Global Commercial Microfinance Consortium; Landmark Global Collaborative $75 Million Fund for Micro-Entrepreneurs
Author: AXA, Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch, Munich Re, Storebrand Life Insurance, US Agency for Intl. Development
A group of leading institutional investors and development agencies today announced the successful arrangement of the Global Commercial Microfinance Consortium, a ground-breaking $75 million multi-tiered commercial fund that will provide local...
- Related stories: Development agencies & investors launch global US$75 million fund for micro-entrepreneurs: consortium includes Deutsche Bank, Axa, Hewlett-Packard, Merrill Lynch, Munich Re, Standard Life, CNP Assurances, Co-operative Bank, Calvert, Storebrand
- Related companies: AXA CNP Assurances Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Deutsche Bank HP (Hewlett-Packard) Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Munich Re Standard Life
Where do you draw the line? - Research into the financial links between five bank groups and companies that abuse human rights
Author: Netwerk Vlaanderen [Belgium]
[describes human rights concerns regarding companies & projects in which AXA, Dexia, Fortis, ING & KBC have invested] Regarding credit, AXA informs us that every offer of credit is subject to ethical rules and the rule of law... AXA states...
- Related stories: AXA, ING, Fortis, Dexia & KBC have invested over US$8 billion in companies & projects implicated in human rights violations, says Belgian NGO Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA)
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Aon AXA Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas British American Tobacco Celestica Chevron Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Dell Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Flextronics Fortis Heineken Henan Rebecca HP (Hewlett-Packard) HVB IBM ING Ivanhoe Mines Jabil Circuit KBC Levi Strauss Marubeni Mitsubishi Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Nike Nippon Oil Pou Chen Premier Oil PTT Puma Reebok (part of adidas) Royal Bank of Scotland Sanmina-SCI Sojitz Solectron Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Total Triodos Bank Triumph International Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Yue Yuen
Author: Utopies, SustainAbility, Programme des Nations Unies pour l'Environnement (PNUE)
Alors que la loi sur les nouvelles régulations économiques prend de l'importance, le reporting de développement durable des entreprises françaises a gagné en maturité...Concernant les principales avancées, on peut noter d'une part les progrès des...
- Related stories: Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses)
- Related companies: Accor Aéroports de Paris (ADP) AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) Air France KLM Air Liquide Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alstom Altadis Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal) Atos (formerly Atos Origin) Auchan AXA Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BNP Paribas Body Shop (part of Natura) Bouygues BP British Airports Authority (now Heathrow Airport Holdings) British American Tobacco BT Caisse d'Epargne Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Capgemini Carrefour Casino Cinven Club Med CNP Assurances Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Danone Dexia EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF Eiffage Enron Equinor (formerly Statoil) Essilor ExxonMobil France Telecom (now Orange) Galeries Lafayette Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) Groupama Groupe Banque Populaire Halliburton Havas Hermès HP (Hewlett-Packard) Imerys Intermarché Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kesko L'Oreal Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Lagardère Leclerc LVMH Marks & Spencer MCI (part of Verizon) Metaleurop Michelin Monoprix Monsanto (part of Bayer) MTN Natixis Natura Nature & Découvertes Nike Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Orange Orano (formerly Areva) Pechiney (part of Rio Tinto) Pernod Ricard Pierre et Vacances PSA Peugeot-Citroën Publicis Rabobank Rémy Cointreau Renault Rhodia RWE Saint-Gobain Sanofi Sasol Schneider Electric SCOR SEB Shell SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer) Snecma (part of Safran) Société Générale Sodexo ST Microelectronics Suez Technip FMC (formerly Technip) TF1 Thales Thomson SA Total Unibail Unilever Valeo Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Vinci Vivendi
[PDF] Reporting on Economic Impacts: A Report by Business for Social Responsibility for the Global Reporting Initiative
Author: Business for Social Responsibility
The 2002 Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Sustainability Reporting Guidelines included a new set of Economic Performance Indicators designed to measure an organization’s impacts on the economic circumstances of its stakeholders and the local,...
- Related stories: Business for Social Responsibility reviews how 33 companies have reported on economic impacts under Global Reporting Initiative - includes GE, McDonald's, Novo Nordisk, Shell, Starbucks, Toyota
- Related companies: AstraZeneca Barclays BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British Airports Authority (BAA) BT Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Gap General Electric GlaxoSmithKline HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Matsushita (now Panasonic) McDonald's Mitsubishi Group NEC Newmont Nike Nissan Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Panasonic Procter & Gamble Rio Tinto SABMiller Shell ST Microelectronics Starbucks Toyota Unilever UPS VanCity Verizon Vodafone
Author: Jim Pickard, Financial Times
Who knows what goes through the minds of property tycoons as they commission buildings with ever improved environmental features? Is it all about branding a building, or a genuine commitment to green issues? Either way, there is no doubt that, in the...
Author: UN Global Compact, AccountAbility
[includes case studies on; Novo Nordisk; "Chinese businesses & HIV/AIDS"; Telefónica; Shell; Co-operative Financial Services; Gap; General Electric; AWG; Thames Water (part of RWE)]
- Related stories: UN Global Compact & AccountAbility report says lobbying by business can help fight poverty, conflict, AIDS, but calls for widespread reform
- Related companies: Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Gap General Electric Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) RWE Telefónica Thames Water (part of RWE)
Author: Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) / PRNewswire
Co-operative Financial Services (CFS), which is widely acknowledged as setting the benchmark across the world for sustainability reporting, today (25 July) launched its annual Sustainability Report...The Report, which is a "warts and all" assessment...
- Related stories: Co-operative Financial Services, a leader in sustainability reporting, issues annual Sustainability Report - a "warts and all" assessment of its ethical & environmental performance
- Related companies: Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group