Co-operative Insurance Society (part of Co-operative Group)
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Co-operative Insurance Society website: www.cis.co.uk
Author: Rachel Wilshaw & Helena Viñes Fiestas, Oxfam GB; Rachel Crossley & Rory Sullivan, Insight Investment; Neil Brown, Aviva; & Adam Ognall, UKSIF
This briefing note…summarise[s] the current state of play, from a development and an investment perspective, on labour issues in the supply chain [and]…canvass[es] how investor engagement on this topic could evolve …examining whether company...
Author: Ed Crooks, Financial Times
The UK's Co-op banking and investment group is paying £50,000 ($71,000) to fund a legal action in Canada that could block the development of the country's oil sands by companies such as Royal Dutch Shell and BP. The money will be used to fund evidence...
- Related stories: UK's Co-operative Financial Services helps fund aboriginal community's legal action to prevent oil sand development in Canada
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: BP Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Co-operative Insurance Society (part of Co-operative Group) Shell
Author: Terry Macalister, Guardian
A leading British investor today joins the chorus of concern about a headlong flight into biofuels as a solution for global warming by saying companies involved in the sector could jeopardise future profits by not carefully considering the long-term...
- Related companies: Co-operative Group Co-operative Insurance Society (part of Co-operative Group)
Author: Terry Macalister, Guardian [UK]
A major British institutional investor will tomorrow oppose the re-election of Lee Raymond as chief executive of ExxonMobil on "ethical grounds" at its annual meeting...Co-operative Insurance Society (CIS) [part of Co-operative Group]...says the.....
- Related companies: Co-operative Insurance Society (part of Co-operative Group) ExxonMobil
Author: Burma Campaign UK
[refers to Total, PTT, Unocal, Myanmar Oil and Gas Enterprise (MOGE), & includes "Investors perspective" by Co-operative Financial Services]
- Related stories: Campaign supported by 40 organisations calls on Total to quit Burma
- Related companies: Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Co-operative Insurance Society (part of Co-operative Group) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) PTT Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Global Corporate Citizenship Initiative (World Economic Forum), in co-operation with AccountAbility
[refers to CalPERS, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, Anglo American, Citigroup, Standard & Poor's (part of McGraw Hill), Accenture, Deutsche Bank, ABN AMRO, Novo Nordisk, Prudential Plc, UBS, Schroders, BT, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Morgan Stanley,...
- Related stories: Report by World Economic Forum, AccountAbility investigates why mainstream financial community has not yet embraced social investment
- Related companies: ABB ABN Amro Accenture Anglo American AXA Barclays BT Citigroup Clifford Chance Co-operative Group Co-operative Insurance Society (part of Co-operative Group) Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Lehman Brothers McDonald's McGraw Hill Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Morgan Stanley Natura Nomura Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Prudential plc Sasol Schroders Siemens Standard & Poor's (part of S&P Global) Standard Life Storebrand Swiss Re UBS Walmart
Author: Simon Bain, Herald [UK]
The Agenda report suggests: "...If mainstream producers and retailers were to offer more opportunities to 'buy ethically' at reasonable prices and with relative ease, then more ethical consumers may be able to take the step towards becoming ethical...
Author: Alex Blyth, Ethical Corporation
Co-operative Insurance Services [part of Co-operative Group] is to send a questionnaire to its customers on human rights, dealing with oppressive regimes, protecting vulnerable workers, pollution and genetically modified crops...It has been an active...