Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Compass Group website: http://www.compass-group.com
[DOC] Over 230 Companies Worldwide Have a Public Human Rights Policy Statement, On Eve of the 60th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, Realizing Rights
To mark the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Realizing Rights and the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre have been encouraging more companies to adopt human rights policies...Currently over 230 company policy...
- Related companies: 02 (Telefonica Ltd) ABB Abbott Laboratories Aberdeen Asset Management ABN Amro adidas Aegon AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) Akzo Nobel Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Alstom Anadolu Efes Anglo American Aramex ArmorGroup (part of G4S) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva Balfour Beatty Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Bayer BBVA BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BMW Body Shop (part of Natura) Boeing Bonnier Group Bouygues BP Brambles British Airways British American Tobacco BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Carrefour Casino Cemex Centrica Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Codelco Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Compass Group ConocoPhillips Continental AG Cosmo Oil Credit Suisse Daimler Danone De Beers (part of Anglo American) Dell Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF EMI EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ericsson Eroski ExxonMobil Ferrovial Ford Fortis Freeport-McMoRan Friends Provident Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (formerly Fuji Photo Film) Fujitsu G4S Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) GDF Suez (now Engie) General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Goodyear Grupo ACS HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Hess Corporation Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC ICI IKEA Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Power ISS JFE Johnson Matthey KBC KfW Kimberly-Clark Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) KPN L'Oreal Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Lagardère Levi Strauss Linde Group Lloyds Lonmin Lundin Petroleum Man Group Marks & Spencer Marriott Marubeni Mazda McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitchells & Butlers Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola National Grid NEC Neste Oil Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp Nexen Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes Occidental Petroleum OMV Orano (formerly Areva) Pentland Group PepsiCo Persimmon Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Petrobras Pfizer Posco Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Rabobank Reckitt Benckiser Reebok (part of adidas) Repsol YPF Rexam Ricoh Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Roche Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sanofi Sara Lee Sasol SCA Securitas AB Group Seven & i Sharp Shell Siemens Signet Jewelers Skanska Smiths Group SNS Reaal Société Générale Sodexo Sony Stagecoach Group Standard Chartered Standard Life Stora Enso Sumitomo Electric Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Group Sun Microsystems Syngenta Talisman (part of Repsol) Tata Group Taylor Wimpey Telecom Italia Telefónica Tesco Timberland (part of VF Corp) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tom's of Maine Tomkins Toshiba Total UBS Unilever United Utilities Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xerox Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yell Group
Author: Jane Black, Washington Post
Appalled by instances of what federal prosecutors have described as slavery, executives of one of the nation's largest food service companies promise to boycott Florida tomatoes if growers [through the Florida Tomato Growers Exchange] do not agree to...
- Related stories: USA: Compass subsidiary Bon Appetit in agreement on working conditions with Florida farmworkers - threatens boycott of growers that do not participate
- Related in-depth areas: Labour - an introduction
- Related companies: Bon Appetit Management (part of Compass Group) Burger King Compass Group KFC (part of YUM!) McDonald's Pizza Hut (part of YUM!) Subway Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) YUM!
Author: Bon Appetit Management, Coalition of Immokalee Workers
Coalition of Immokalee Workers and Bon Appétit Management Company [part of Compass Group] Build Innovative New Model for Fair Labor Standards in Florida's Tomato Fields. Bon Appétit Management Company becomes the first food service company to...
Author: Barry Estabrook, Gourmet Magazine [USA]
For the first time, a major Florida tomato producer, East Coast Growers and Packers, has implemented the Coalition of Immokalee Workers’(CIW) “Fair Food” program, breaking ranks with the dozen or so Florida companies that raise and ship most of the...
[PDF] "Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index 2010:A report card on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality in Corporate America."
Author: Human Rights Campaign
305 businesses achieved the top rating of 100 percent this year, compared with 260 businesses in the previous year. This accounts for 58 businesses that reached 100 percent for the first time and 13 no longer on the list, for a net increase of 45...
- Related stories: USA: Report finds number of companies with top ratings for lesbian & gay policies increased 20% despite recession
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Group Adobe Systems Advanced Micro Devices Aegon Aetna Affiliated Computer Services Agilent Technologies Ahold Delhaize Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Allegheny Energy Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems Allianz Allstate Alston & Bird Amazon.com AMC Networks Ameren American Airlines American Express Ameriprise Financial Amgen Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev Aon Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AstraZeneca AT&T AutoZone Avaya Avis Budget Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baldor Electric (now ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.) Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T Best Buy Bingham McCutchen Blue Cross Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Borders Group BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Calpine Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cardinal Cargill Carlson Caterpillar Cerner Charles Schwab Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Clifford Chance Clorox CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Cracker Barrel (part of CBRL Group) Cravath Swaine & Moore Credit Suisse CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Diageo Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Entergy Enterprise Rent-A-Car Exelon Expedia EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson FedEx Fifth Third Bank Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&R Block Hallmark Cards Hanover Insurance Harrah's Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Herman Miller Hershey Hewitt Associates Hilton Holland & Knight Home Depot Honeywell Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney John Deere JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L.L.Bean Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Marsh (part of Marsh & McLennan) MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McGraw Hill McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northrop Grumman Novartis Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicom Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pearson Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pinnacle West Capital Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sanofi Sara Lee SC Johnson Schering-Plough Seagate Technology Sears Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shell Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Supervalu T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toys R Us UBS Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Business Media United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Airways US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Virgin America Visa Inc. Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM! Zurich
Author: Jane Black, Washington Post
In what Labor Secretary Hilda L. Solis called a "huge victory" for farm workers, one of the country's largest food service companies announced Friday that it will buy winter tomatoes only from growers that pay a fair wage and offer good working...
Author: Fort Myers News-Press [USA]
The Coalition of Immokalee Workers has concluded a three-way agreement with East Coast Growers and Compass, the world's largest food-service company, to improve Florida tomato pickers' pay and working conditions... Money pledged by earlier signatories...