Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Climate Accountability Scorecard: Assessment finds 8 major fossil fuel companies fail to adequately plan for low-carbon world
"Fossil fuel companies are facing increasing shareholder, legal and political pressure to stop spreading climate disinformation and to fix their business plans to achieve dramatic reductions in global warming emissions. While some companies are respon...
ConocoPhillips did not respond to allegations that their efforts are insufficient to prevent the worst impacts of climate change.
- Related stories: Climate Accountability Scorecard: Assessment finds 8 major fossil fuel companies fail to adequately plan for low-carbon world
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Introduction: Links between climate change & human rights
- This is a non response from the following companies: ConocoPhillips
Author: Brut, France Télévisions
...Eric Piolle, le maire de Grenoble, somme le groupe Total et les grands groupes "qui représentent 70 % des émissions de carbone", en France, à s’engager pour la lutte contre le réchauffement climatique. Eric Piolle lance [un appel video] de concert...
- Related stories: France : Une ONG et des maires menacent d'attaquer Total en justice si le groupe ne réduit pas ses émissions de carbone
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism
- Related companies: BP Chevron ConocoPhillips ExxonMobil Shell
German Advisory Council on Global Change recommends Govt. support lawsuits filed by individuals against large-scale emitters
Author: WBGU German Advisory Council on Global Change
"Just & In-Time Climate Policy: Four Initiatives for a Fair Transformation", August 2018 The WBGU recommends that the German Federal Government should support lawsuits filed by individuals against large-scale emitters... [U]p to now, such oppor...
Author: Wissenschaftlicher Beirat der Bundesregierung Globale Umweltveränderungen
"Zeit–gerechte Klimapolitik: Vier Initiativen für Fairness", August 2018...
Colombia: ConocoPhillips is "spinning" benefits of fracking, against the evidence and will of locals, says article
Sian Cowman, writer and researcher with The Democracy Center, documents irregularities she says she witnessed in San Martin, Colombia, where oil company ConocoPhillips convened a town hall meeting to comply with requirements to apply for an...
ConocoPhillips has continuously engaged with the community and local government over the past three years. We have gone beyond the required three rounds of socialization and engaged with local stakeholders through nearly 175 meetings, seminars and...
- Related stories: Colombia: ConocoPhillips is "spinning" benefits of fracking, against the evidence and will of locals, says article
- This is a response from the following companies: ConocoPhillips
Author: Desmog (USA)
“The Big Apple Loses to Big Oil as Judge Dismisses Climate Liability Suit”, 20 of July 2018...