Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Washington Office on Latin America
[PDF] The Bush Administration's pipeline protection plan aims to train, equip and assist two elite Colombian army battalions of up to 800 soldiers to shield the first 75 miles of the 48-mile Caño Limón-Coveñas oil pipeline...Colombia's state oil...
Author: Svetlana Tsalik, Caspian Revenue Watch, Open Society Institute
[This report] calls for greater accountability, transparency, and public oversight in the oil and natural gas industries of Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. It urges foreign oil companies, their home governments, and international financial institutions to...
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) Attila Dogan BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy EnCana ExxonMobil Hess Corporation INPEX JAPEX Lukarco (joint venture Lukoil & Arco) Lukoil Mitsui Moncrief Oil OIEC Repsol YPF Shell Statoil Unocal (part of Chevron) Wintershall
- Related companies: ConocoPhillips
Author: Tamara Bekefi, independent working paper commissioned by Intl. Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA)
This paper examines the practical ways in which the oil and gas sector has been grappling with human rights in its day-to-day operations. [refers to BP, Shell, Anglo American, ChevronTexaco, Conoco Phillips, ExxonMobil, Norsk Hydro, Newmont, Rio Tinto...
Oil and gas industry face record number of global warming shareholder resolutions at wider range of firms
One or more resolutions have been filed at each of the following North American oil and gas companies: ExxonMobil; ChevronTexaco; Marathon; Anadarko; Apache; Devon; Imperial; Petro Canada; Unocal; and Valero. Shareholders are also in dialogue with...
Author: Global Witness
[refers to ChevronTexaco, ExxonMobil, Elf (now Total), Total, Likouala S.A., Agip (part of ENI), BP, Occidental Petroleum, Shell, Norsk Hydro, ConocoPhillips, SNPC, Mercator, Riggs Bank]
- Related stories: New report by Global Witness looks at secrecy surrounding revenues paid to govts. by oil & mining companies, & how this contributes to poverty
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) BP Chevron ConocoPhillips Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni ExxonMobil Norsk Hydro Occidental Petroleum Shell Société Nationale des Pétroles du Congo (SNPC) Total
[PDF] full report: "FTSE4Good Index series - Criteria development and company engagement programme 2003-2004"
[refers to cos. that met new FTSE4Good human rights criteria for resource cos./committed to meet them: BHP Biliton, Shell, BP, BG, Lonmin, Mitsubishi Corp., Norsk Hydro, Statoil, Cosmo Oil, Expro Group, PetroCanada, Repsol. And cos. deleted from index...
- Related stories: Report shows 62 cos. removed from FTSE4Good Index for not meeting human rights, environmental criteria
- Related companies: Allied Irish Banks Alumina AMB Generali Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Applera Banco BPI Banco Comercial Portugues BG Group BHP Billiton BP Cairn Energy Carlsberg Breweries Carphone Warehouse Central Japan Railway Chiba Bank Commerzbank ConocoPhillips Danske Bank Delphi Denso Diamond Offshore Drilling Elan Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Fairfax Financial Holdings Fineco Finning Foster's Four Seasons Hotels Goldman Sachs Goldshield Goodrich Gunma Bank Hafslund Hess Corporation Hutchison Whampoa Interbrew (now InBev, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Lehman Brothers Lonmin Macquarie Bank Malcom Manulife Financial Marschollek, Lautenschläger und Partner Mediobanca Mitsubishi Group Molson (part of Molson Coors) National Bank of Canada Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Omron Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Rank Royal Blue Sarantis Shell Spirent Statoil Suncorp SunTrust Banks Sygen Tenet Healthcare Terex Terumo Wing Tai Holdings
[USA] Environmentalists and a labor union have sued to stop ConocoPhillips Co. from expanding two Los Angeles-area refineries, saying the company and region's air quality agency ignored evidence that the project will spew toxic emissions into already...
- Related companies: ConocoPhillips