Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Business for Social Responsibility
The Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPs) Plenary adopted formal participation criteria...[that include] minimum requirements for participation; a dispute resolution process to raise concerns about the performance of a participant;...
- Related stories: Voluntary Principles on Security & Human Rights adopt formal participation criteria
- Related companies: Anglo American BG Group BHP Billiton Chevron ConocoPhillips ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Newmont Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Occidental Petroleum Rio Tinto Shell Statoil
Author: Environmental Rights Action [Nigeria]
The [Agunowei] family...have their very existence threatened. They have had to live for the last seven months with the toxic fumes emanating from the spill which is just barely 10 metres away from their residence. Such is their precarious situation...
[PDF] full report: "Industrial Sources of Dioxin Poisoning in Mossville, Louisiana: A Report Based on the Government’s Own Data"
Author: Mossville Environmental Action Now, Wilma Subra (The Subra Company), Advocates for Environmental Human Rights [USA]
Mossville residents are surrounded by 14 toxic industrial facilities, several of which routinely release dioxins into the air, water, and land. Residents have long complained about health problems that a university health study has linked to...
- Related companies: Air Liquide Arch Chemicals Biolab (part of Chemtura) CertainTeed (part of Saint-Gobain) Chemtura ConocoPhillips Entergy Flint Hills Resources (part of Koch Industries) Georgia Gulf Koch Industries Lyondell (part of Access Industries) PPG Saint-Gobain Sasol Tessenderlo Tetra Technologies
[PDF] full report: “The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2006-2007”
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
Gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and their families are valued in the American workplace now more than ever before. And inclusive non-discrimination policies and benefits for GLBT employees and their families are essential for...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign reports major increase in workplace protections for gay, transgender employees
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products AK Steel Albertsons LLC Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power American Express American Standard AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Asbury Automotive Ashland AT&T AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avis Budget Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BJ's Wholesale Club Blockbuster Bluelinx BNY Mellon Boeing Borders BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Cablevision Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Caterpillar CBS CenterPoint Energy Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Circuit City Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commercial Metals Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Corning Cosco Costco Cox Enterprises CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Family Dollar Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz Hershey Hilton Home Depot Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg's Kelly Services Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) KeySpan Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (part of Kinder Morgan Inc.) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel Maytag McDonald's McGraw-Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Mirant Mohawk Industries Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publix R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland Safeco Safeway (USA) Sanmina-SCI Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Standard Pacific Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron TIAA-CREF Time Warner TJX Toll Brothers Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies UnumProvident UPS US Airways US Bancorp USAA Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! YUM!
Author: Adrianne Appel, IPS
A U.S. health agency has made research subjects of people in tiny Mossville, Louisiana by repeatedly monitoring dangerously high levels of dioxin in their blood while doing nothing to get the community out of harm's way, residents say... Mossville is...
- Related stories: USA: Louisiana residents say govt. has found chemicals in their blood but done nothing - report blames nearby factories
- Related companies: ConocoPhillips Georgia Gulf
[PDF] full report: "World Investment Report - Transnational Corporations, Extractive Industries and Development"
Author: UN Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD)
The World Investment Report 2007 focuses on the role of transnational corporations in extractive industries... Transnational corporations can bring in the finance and management skills [poor] economies need... But as we know, the extraction of natural...
- Related stories: UNCTAD 2007 World Investment Report focuses on extractive firms' impacts on development
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese Investment Overseas Latin American region Natural Resources
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Alrosa (Almazy Rossii Sakha) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta Barrick Gold BCL BHP Billiton BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Codelco Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (now Vale) ConocoPhillips De Beers Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Eni ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Gazprom Glencore Gold Fields Grupo México Harmony Gold Impala Platinum Inco (part of Companhia Vale do Rio Doce) INPEX Kelian Equatorial Mining (part of Rio Tinto) Lukoil Newmont Norilsk Nickel Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Petrobras PetroChina Petronas Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Repsol YPF Rio Tinto Shell Sinopec Sonatrach Statoil Tatneft Teck Resources Texaco (part of Chevron) Total Xstrata (now part of Glencore)