Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Credit Suisse website: http://www.credit-suisse.com
Author: Erklärung von Bern und ACTARES [AktionärInnen für nachhaltiges Wirtschaften]
- Related stories: Credit Suisse finances a company allegedly destroying Indonesian rainforest
- Related companies: Credit Suisse
Author: BBC News
A team of American and South African lawyers is about to file a $50bn class action suit in New York against Swiss and US banks accused of backing the former apartheid regime [suing Citigroup, Credit Suisse & UBS for allegedly profiting from loans...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Apartheid victims sue Citigroup, Credit Suisse & UBS
- Related companies: Citigroup Credit Suisse UBS
Author: International Chamber of Commerce
The Ticket to Life campaign [joint Credit Suisse Financial Services / UNICEF Switzerland campaign] seeks to ensure children everywhere have official papers, like birth certificates, obliging governments to take responsibility for their welfare.
- Related companies: Credit Suisse
Author: Nicol Degli Innocenti, Financial Times
Royal Dutch/Shell, the oil company, is to be cited in a multi-billion-dollar class action lawsuit brought by a team of lawyers on behalf of the victims of South Africa's apartheid regime, a lawyer said on Friday...Shell, which is accused of supplying...
Author: Edie News
European banks have much room for improvement with regard to their assessment of the environmental credit risk of projects for which potential clients are seeking funding, says a leading investment company. The study of 10 Western European banks by...
Author: South African Press Association
[lawsuit in U.S. court against companies for past conduct in South Africa] - A non-governmental organisation has filed a lawsuit against 21 multinational corporations and leading international banks for helping prop up the apartheid state...The...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) NGO sues firms for 'propping up apartheid'
- Related companies: Allianz Barclays BP Caltex Citigroup Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Deutsche Bank Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) ExxonMobil Fluor Ford General Motors IBM JPMorgan Chase Rheinmetall Rio Tinto Shell UBS
Author: Frans van der Woerd, David Levy & Katie Begg (eds.), Greener Management International: The Journal of Corporate Environmental Strategy and Practice (no. 39)
includes chapters on: "An Overview of Corporate Strategies" [refers to BP, Lafarge, General Motors, DuPont, Boeing, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Shell, United Technologies, Whirlpool, Deutsche Telekom, Gerling Group, Munich Re, Ford, Coca-Cola, Alcan,...
- Related companies: AIG Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) American Electric Power Bank of America Baxter International Boeing BP Chase (part of JPMorgan Chase) Chevron Chugoku Electric Power Coca-Cola Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom DuPont Electrabel Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Entergy Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Ford Fortum Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) General Motors Gerling Group IBM ING Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Motorola Munich Re Nike Norsk Hydro Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Pechiney (part of Rio Tinto) Rabobank RWE Shell Shikoku Electric Power ST Microelectronics Stora Enso Suncor Swiss Re Temple-Inland Tohoku Electric Power Total TransAlta UBS United Technologies Whirlpool
Author: Nicol degli Innocenti and John Reed, Financial Times
The emotionally fraught case...is viewed by many as preparing the way for big claims against multinationals for past dealings with discredited regimes...The suits [brought in U.S. courts] allege that banks including UBS, Credit Suisse and Citigroup,...
Author: AFP, in Business Report [South Africa]
[Equator Principles] The banks would apply the principles globally and to all industry sectors, including mining, oil and gas, and forestry, according to a World Bank statement. The banks adopting the principles are ABN Amro Bank and Rabobank of the...
Author: Ann Zammit, United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) & South Centre
In recent years the United Nations (UN) has increasingly engaged in what it refers to as partnership with the private sector in order to hasten the achievement of the development goals of the United Nations (UN). This idea underpins the United Nations...
- Related companies: ABN Amro American Express Aventis (now part of Sanofi) Barclays BASF BP Burger King Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Enron EY (Ernst & Young) KPMG McDonald's Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Nestlé Nokia PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Rabobank Reebok (part of adidas) Rio Tinto Sanofi Unilever West LB Westpac