Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Credit Suisse website: http://www.credit-suisse.com
Author: Financial Times
The [Sustainable Banking] awards — created with International Finance Corporation to recognise banks that have shown leadership and innovation in integrating social, environmental and corporate governance objectives into their operations — have...
- Related stories: 16 banks shortlisted for Financial Times & IFC "sustainable banking" awards: ABN Amro in all 5 categories
- Related companies: ABN Amro Banco Itau Banco Real (part of Santander) Bank Sarasin Barclays Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Citigroup Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank HSBC Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Nedbank West LB Westpac Yes Bank
[PDF] False Profits: how Australia's finance sector undervalues the environment and what we can do about it
Author: Australian Conservation Foundation
This Report is about the financial decision-making processes that lead to false profits, and how we can reform them. By drawing lessons from ten successful innovations in the finance sector, and supplementing them with a set of public policy reforms to...
- Related stories: Environmental record of Australian financial institutions: Report reveals large differences in performance
- Related companies: ABN Amro ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank HBOS (part of Lloyds) HSBC JPMorgan Chase Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) National Australia Bank Rabobank Royal Bank of Scotland Société Générale Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS West LB Westpac
Author: Simon Bowers, Guardian [UK]
The City of London's biggest banks and trading houses may be making all the right noises in public about their anti-discrimination initiatives, but homophobia is still rife throughout many offices...according to gay and lesbian campaign group Stonewall...
Author: BankTrack, WWF
The report, Shaping the Future of Sustainable Finance: Moving the Banking Sector from Promises to Performance, ranked the financing policies of 39 international banks across 13 issue areas, from climate change to human rights...Of the 39 banks surveyed...
- Related stories: BankTrack & WWF review social & environmental policies of 39 banks - only 8 have public human rights policies: ABN AMRO, Barclays, HBOS, ING, Rabobank, Société Général, Standard Chartered, Westpac
- Related companies: ABN Amro Allianz Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Bank of America Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) BBVA BNDES BNP Paribas Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Citigroup Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) HBOS (part of Lloyds) HSBC HVB Itaú Unibanco KBC Manulife Financial Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Rabobank Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Scotiabank Shell Société Générale Standard Chartered Sumitomo Group UBS Wells Fargo West LB Westpac
Author: Christelle Terreblanche, Independent Online [So. Africa]
On Tuesday Brigitte Mabandla, the justice minister, will square off against two sets of lawyers representing thousands of apartheid victims at an appeal hearing in New York over their 2002 compensation claims brought against foreign multinational...
The [Workplace Equality] Index measures 20 criteria covering policy and practice—from having a non-discrimination policy promoted to all staff that includes sexual orientation to...supporting a lesbian and gay employee network group...On 17 January...
- Related stories: Top 100 British employers of lesbian, gay & bisexual staff for 2006 - top 10 include: IBM, Accenture, BT, Credit Suisse First Boston, JP Morgan
- Related companies: Accenture Aviva Barclays BT Citigroup Credit Suisse Goldman Sachs HSBC IBM J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Lehman Brothers Millivres Prowler Group Morgan Stanley Nationwide Building Society Pfizer PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble UBS