Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Credit Suisse website: http://www.credit-suisse.com
Author: Anita Hawser, Global Finance Magazine
Eighteen months ago a group of leading project finance banks adopted the Equator Principles. They are now under attack from critics who claim the banks were more interested in profits and PR than in principles. [refers to institutions that have adopted...
Author: Europa Press
Un total de 81 multinacionales contarán ya...con una política declarada de protección de los Derechos Humanos...según informa la organización sin ánimo de lucro 'Business and Human Rights' (Centro de Recursos sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos)...el...
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories ABN Amro adidas Ahold Delhaize Alcoa Allied Domecq (joint venture Pernod Ricard & Fortune Brands) Anglo American AXA BHP Billiton Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) BP British Airways British American Tobacco BT Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carlsberg Breweries Chevron Chiquita Colgate-Palmolive ConocoPhillips Credit Suisse Dell Diageo Dow Chemical Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ford Gap GlaxoSmithKline Hilton Group (now Ladbrokes) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA ING InterContinental Hotels Lloyds Motorola Nestlé Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Occidental Petroleum PricewaterhouseCoopers Reebok (part of adidas) Repsol YPF Rio Tinto Roche Royal Philips Electronics Shell Sony Toshiba Total Unilever Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Alison Maitland, Financial Times
...the banking sector is increasingly coming under scrutiny for its role in financing projects that may involve human rights abuses. [refers to Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, HSBC, Barclays, NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland), Standard Chartered,...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Financial Times: Human rights rising up finance sector's agenda (refers to Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Barclays, ABN Amro, UBS, others)
- Related companies: ABN Amro Barclays BP Credit Suisse Goldman Sachs HSBC Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Rabobank Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered UBS
Author: Raja M, Asia Times
...a globally increasing attention to corporate social responsibility (CSR) includes Asia in its interesting sweep. [refers to Mercedes-Benz (part of DaimlerChrysler), Credit Suisse, Gujarat Ambuja Cements, Hindustan Petroleum, Tata, Zee Network,...
Author: F&C Asset Management, KPMG
This study is designed to highlight the ways in which the financial services sector is affected by, and manages, the challenges associated with human rights...Nine international institutions participated in the study: ABN Amro, Barclays, Credit Suisse...
[PDF] Disclosure of Ethical Considerations in Investment Product Disclosure Statements - A review of current practice in Australia
Author: Charles Berger, Australian Conservation Foundation
[M]any mainstream investment managers still do not appreciate the relationship between ethical corporate behaviour and long-term financial performance...Australia’s investment community is still not doing enough to look out for the long-term interests...
- Related companies: AMP Group ANZ Bank Australian Ethical Investment AXA Barclays BT Financial (part of Westpac) Challenger Financial Services Colonial First State Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Glebe Hunter Hall Investment Management ING Invesco IOOF James Hardie Macquarie Bank Maple-Brown Abbott Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) MLC (part of National Australia Bank) National Australia Bank Newcrest OnePath (part of ANZ Bank) Perpetual Platinum Asset Management Rio Tinto Schroders State Street Suncorp Transurban UBS Vanguard Westpac
Author: Credit Suisse
- Related companies: Credit Suisse
Author: EarthRights International
This report seeks to summarize the history, jurisprudence and politics of ATCA in order to explain how this relatively obscure law became a lightning rod in the world of business and human rights...[refers to Unocal, Chevron (part of ChevronTexaco),...
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuits (re Colombia & Ecuador) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) full report: "In Our Court: ATCA, Sosa and the Triumph of Human Rights" Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Bank of America Barclays BNP Paribas CACI Chentex Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Computer Sciences (CSC) Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dow Chemical Drummond DynCorp Eastman Kodak ExxonMobil Ford Freeport-McMoRan Fresh Del Monte Produce General Motors Grupo México Halliburton IBM Newmont Goldcorp Occidental Petroleum Pfizer Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) PricewaterhouseCoopers Rio Tinto Shell Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Talisman Texaco (part of Chevron) Titan (now L-3 Titan) Total UBS Union Carbide (part of Dow) United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) Westinghouse
Author: Bureau du Pacte mondial
Vingt grandes sociétés d’investissement, parmi lesquelles Banco do Brasil, Crédit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, HSBC et Morgan Stanley ont entériné la « liaison des marchés financiers » avec des normes environnementales, sociales et de...