Headquarters in USA
CVS website: www.cvs.com
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Pour JP Morgan, Amazon ou Apple, le but de l'entreprise n'est plus seulement de servir l'actionnaire »...
- Related companies: 3M A.O. Smith Corporation Abbott Laboratories Accenture Access Industries ADP AECOM AES AFLAC AK Steel Allergan Alliant Energy Altec Amazon.com American Airlines American Electric Power American Express American Tower Ameriprise Financial Anthem Aon Apple Aramark Assurant AT&T Ball Corp. Bank of America Baxter International Bayer Bechtel Best Buy BlackRock BNY Mellon Boeing BorgWarner BP Bristol-Myers Squibb C.V. Starr & Co. Carlyle Group Caterpillar CBRE Group CF Industries Chevron Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup CNH Industrial Coca-Cola Cognizant Comcast ConocoPhillips Corning Cummins CVS Day & Zimmermann Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Dow Chemical Duke Energy DXC Technology Eastman Chemical Eaton Edison International ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) FedEx FIS Flex Fluor Ford Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Freeport-McMoRan General Dynamics General Motors Goldman Sachs Guardian Life Insurance
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Author: Katie Kuehner-Hebert, Chief Executive
"Improving Emissions Targets: 'If Trump Won't Do It, We Will,' CEOs Say", 28 Oct 2017...
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
A group of nearly 60 organizations are calling on Disney, Gap, and Pepsi to stop funding the US Chamber of Commerce, due to its position on climate change and public criticism of the Paris Agreement. In his speech announcing the decision to withdraw...
USA: Opioids deaths lead state officials to target drug firms, following model of lawsuits against tobacco industry
Author: German Lopez, Vox (USA)
"US officials are starting to treat opioid companies like Big Tobacco — and suing them", 7 Jun 2017...
- Related stories: USA: Rise in opioids deaths leads state officials to file claims against drug firms and distributors
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Allergan AmerisourceBergen Cardinal CVS Janssen Pharmaceutica (part of Johnson & Johnson) Johnson & Johnson Mallinckrodt (part of Tyco) McKesson Teva Pharmaceutical Tyco Walgreen Walmart
Author: Senators Sheldon Whitehouse and Elizabeth Warren
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce...wields the largest lobbying force on Capitol Hill...The biggest benefit the Chamber offers is to let companies say one thing and do another. For example, Pepsi has committed to fighting climate change by reducing...
USA: Cherokee Nation sues 6 of the largest drug companies over alleged “epidemic” of prescription painkiller abuse leading to deaths
Author: Michael Overall, Tulsa World (USA)
"Cherokee Nation sues drug companies for alleged 'epidemic' of prescription painkiller abuse", 20 Apr 2017...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers